"Pilot"

The silence of the night was disturbed by a phone call. It was like an alarm that woke me up. With my sleepy eyes I could see the time on the clock and I remembered it quite well. It was 1:10.

     I wore my specs and picked up the phone. Kunal was on the other side.

     "Hello Sir, Kunal this side. A murder happened. The body was found inside a garbage can near Maligoan road."

"Haaa, OK fine. I will be there"

     The phone call didn't surprise me nor shocked me. I was used to these types of calls. I have been dealing with this for a long time now, 23 years to be exact. The curiousness was over for me.

     I cursed Kunal for waking me up midnight. But duty calls and I had to go. But to be honest I was a little bit excited as this was my first case in Guwahati. I was transferred here this month. Earlier I was in Upper Assam, Sivasagar. The higher authority didn't like me there and got me transferred here.

     I got up my bed and went for a shower. The cold water forced me to curse Kunal again, the bastard. I came out of the bathroom shivering like hell and I always hated winters for that. I took out my favorite old brown suit from the wardrobe. I wore it, took my revolver, and the car keys.

     I slowly came out of my room. My feet were grasping the floor silently, step by step like a thief as I didn't want to wake up my baby. I entered my little baby's room. Kissed her in the forehead and left silently.

     I rushed down. Ignited the car engine and left for the dead body, waiting for me in the garbage can. But who knew at that point that this case was going to be the most exciting case of my career.