FORTY FIVE

everything is alright - the glorious sons
Y/N POV

"I don't know if that's a good idea....No, listen to me! She met someone so it's not the time right now....Fine, it's up to him but don't say I didn't try to stop this. It's no one his fault is he ends up heartbroken...Mhm, okay, bye." 

I pretend to be asleep as Jade talks on the phone to someone. Whatever she's talking about seems messy. But who could she be talking about? Obviously not me, and definitely not Luke, plus she's talking to Jake so I have no idea. Jade seemed to have wanted to keep this a secret or not doesn't want me to know, so I'll pretend I don't. 

"Good morning." I mumble sitting up and trying to make it seem like I've been asleep this entire time.

"Good morning. Classes are off today so I was thinking we could hang with Luke today." Jade tells me.

"Sounds like fun." I reply, sliding out of bed and walking to grab my shower stuff.

"I'll be back in a little." I say to her and she nods. 

Before I leave I grab my towel and open the door. As I walk down the hallway to the communal bathrooms we have on our floor. At first it was pretty gross sharing it with the rest of the girls on our floor, but after a while I got used to it. As long as I have shower shoes and a change of clothes I'll be good. 

*****

Once I finish showering, I stare back at my reflection as I brush out my hair and blow dry it. My eyes look tired and I'm breaking out just a little, but I look...happy. Happiness was hard to find after the breakup, but now that I've found it everything in life has gotten better. 

I grab my towel and shower stuff and walk to the door, turning the handle and opening it. A familiar pair of icy blue eyes meets mine and a smile appears on my lips. 

Adrian.

"Oh, hey, what are you doing here?" I ask looking up at him.

"Jade told me you were here and I was going to wait but then you came out. I was wondering if you wanna hang out?" He asks smiling back.

"I'd love to, do you want to come with me, Jade, and Luke? We were gonna go explore." 

"Sure." Adrain says.

"Okay, well I just have to change and then we'll get Luke and go." I say and start to walk down the hallway. Adrian follows a little behind and I can feel his eyes on me. I turn around so that I'm walking backwards and look at him with my hand out. He takes it and we keep walking in silence, but it's a comfortable silence.

"There you are, hurry up and change so we can go." Jade says when we enter the room. She pretends not to see Adrian and walks past us quickly and out the door.

That was weird.

*****
LATER

"Where to next?" Luke asks as the four of us walk around the city.

"How about that park?" Jade asks pointing to a huge park filled with people.

"Sure." I say and we all begin to walk over.

Adrian's hand finds mine and I flinch, but let him take it. I guess I'm just not used to him touching me. Before Noah I'd never had real boyfriend and moving on so fast feels weird. But I like Adrian a lot, so I want to go out with him. I know for sure that I don't love him yet. If he were to say it to me right now, I would have to reject him, which would feel terrible, but it's the right thing to do.

"How are you feeling? You've been quiet." Adrian whispers over to me.

"I'm fine, I guess, I'm just trying to adjust to living in LA. I just miss home." I reply without turning to him. Instead I stare up at the sky and the sun hits my face.

"I bet. Break is coming up soon so you'll be able to go home and see your family. Maybe we could even meet up since our parents live near each other."

"I'd like that." I respond, finally turning to him. 

I look into his eyes and I'm somewhat relieved of whatever uncertainty I was just feeling. I may not be ready to love him, but he makes me so happy.

"Y/n..." Jade says, suddenly next to me with her hand on my shoulder.

"Hm?" I ask turning to her.

As soon as I do I see what she means. He walks towards us and all of a sudden anxiety fills me and my eyes widen. A familiar pair of hazel eyes meet mine and I'm too stunned to say anything. Adrian gives me a confused look but I can't seem to break away from the trance I'm in.

"Noah...what are you doing here?"

a/n -

SURPRISE even though you knew it was coming ;)

<3 lilia