Chapter 1

Mai: "I won't let you down." I'll survive my time here and make it back to the present! Nobunaga took my chin in his hand, raising my eyes to his. He looked satisfied, somehow.

Nobunaga: "I plan to take very good care of you, Mai."

Mai: "... Yes, well, I plan on staying so busy neither of us will have to worry about that. "Removing my chin from Nobunaga's grasp, I scooted back a safe distance.

Nobunaga: "You choose to deny me your company? How courageous." I'm thinking courage is choosing to be close to you and your grabby hands! Not that I wanted to get in an argument with the man famous for 'killing the bird who doesn't sing'.

Mai: "It's just that I'm... so eager to get to work! What does work involve, by the way?"

Nobunaga: "It's simple. Whenever I give an order, you will follow it." Wow, sounds like the potential for a hostile work environment is high!

Mai: "You are a lawsuit waiting to happen"

Nobunaga: "... Lawsuit?" ... I'm screwed. I clamped my mouth shut, but going buy the astonished looks in the room, it was too late. "Your language is strange. What region do you hail from?" 'Keep the fact that I come from the present a secret,' says Sasuke. And what do I do as soon as I'm alone? Shoot my mouth off.

Mai: "It's really far away... too far away to be pointed on the map." I looked away from Nobunaga, only to impale myself on the daggers in Hideyoshi's eyes.

Hideyoshi: "My lord, that's suspicious. What if her strange language is code? Confess. Who are you here to contact, spy?"

Ieyasu: "I pity the place desperate enough to hire this girl as a spy. Talk about not being a threat."

Mitsunari: "Yes, how could Mai be a threat when she bravely save our lord's life from assassins? Perhaps her speech is confused because she's still in shock from the experience?" Mitsunari smiled - an angel even as he mentally shipped me off to a psych ward.

Mitsuhide: "It's typical spy behaviour to appear to save an enemy, only to get close enough to plant the dagger in their back."

Masamune: "Lass, if you're a kunoichi - one of those female ninja 0 then we should get a match in before Hideyoshi executes you." Masamune smiles as he gripped his sword handle, looking more excited by the second.

Mai: "Wait please! I'm no spy, I'm not crazy and certainly not ninja!" I was wishing another wormhole would throw me ten minutes into the past when a man ran into the room.

Vassal: "Pardon the interruption, my lord, but Ranmaru... Ranmaru Mori has returned!"

Nobunaga: "...Ranmaru...?"

Hideyoshi: "You found him?" Ranmaru Mori. He'd been in the guidebook next to Nobunaga, pretty as a girl, well-loved and famously loyal - dying in Honno-ji with Nobunaga.

Vassal: "Get in, you!" Several vassals entered, leading in a beautiful man with a sweet boyish face.

Ranmaru: "Lord Nobunga... I'm so sorry!"

Vassal: "What is your excuse for going missing for so long?" Ranmaru fell prostrate before Nobunaga and did no lift his head not speak while the vassals interrogated him angrily. It looks like I'm out of the hot seat, but I'm afraid Ranmaru's about to take my place!

Nobunaga: "Ranmaru." Every voice in the room fell silent.

Ranmaru: "...Lord Nobunaga, I have no excuse for waiting so long to come back... but I returned because. I wanted to apologise for running away and leaving you." SO this WAS Ranmaru at Honno-ji. He survived in this timeline because... he ran away?" One of the vassals snorted in contempt.