The Winchester

The Winchester, where I spend most of my time with some of my friends Carson, Travis, Ted, and Charlie. I took a sip of my beer and stared at the wall. Everything around me was just background music, unimportant and unnecessary.

"COOPER! - are you even listening to me" Carson shouted, he was sitting directly across from me but I seemed to have looked through him. 

I flinched, all the noises around me were suddenly louder - "yeah, totally" I nodded 

Carson sighed and recapped what he was talking about - as if he had known that I wasn't paying attention. "It's not that I don't like Travis." Carson turned to Travis who was playing pacman. "Travis, it's not like I don't like you"

Travis turned away from the machine and quickly looked back. "It's alright" he mumbled and shrugged slightly.

"I understand he's your friend-" Carson said.

"FUCK" Travis shouted in the background, the sound of him hitting the machine buttons became louder and faster.

"- but we don't talk that much and I would like to spend more time with you." 

"CUNT!" 

"just the two of us" he said and smiled slightly 

"SHITTT!" 

I nodded slowly- "uh-huh, well it's not like I don't like Ted and Charlie, ya know" I turned to them, they were silently watching our conversation play out. "guy's it's not like I don't like you." 

Charlie flinched slightly and Ted stayed stone faced. "It's alright",  they said in unison.

"It's not like I don't like hanging out with you, Carson, it's just that … Travis doesn't have many friends." I said quietly as he started to walk closer 

"Can I get any of you fuckers a drink?" Travis said and he slapped me on the back, I think it was meant to be a pat but it hurt slightly. He's stronger than he thinks...

I shook my head and looked over to Carson, Ted and Charlie. Carson shook his head in reply.

Charlie and Ted looked at each other before looking back to Travis. "No" they once again said in unison. 

Travis walked off once again. Ted scoffed before finally speaking up. "I know.. friendship is important to Cooper, but you need to spend more time with Carson, he is just as much a friend to you as Travis is.

"Coopie, corn-nuts," Travis said and threw a pack of corn-nuts at my head. They hit the floor, I leaned down and grabbed them just as Carson started talking. "We should do something together, tomorrow" he said with a happy smile.

I nodded reluctantly "tomorrow..."