Lilith

Chapter one- "i meet some very weird characters in Brooklyn"
---------------

When my mom told me I'd have to go to a camp for kids like me at first I thought she was talking about ADHD and dyslexic kids, not "half-bloods"? Like what even is a half-blood? Anyway I'm skipping ahead by like 16 hours...
-flashback to 16 hours ago-
I was walking home from school I lasted through the school year for once in my life, without getting expelled, but I did hear something about a new kid getting expelled one year for nonsense at a field trip, apparently he left his group or something just a cautionary tale im sure, anyway I'm on my way home but I feel something watching me so I turn around to see a kitten... anticlimactic I know but my mom has been teaching me about Egyptian mythology since I was like two... so I kneel down and call to the small version of what I imagine Bast to look like and ask if my mom sent it. funny thing it responds with a little nod of its head and does this little thing like "come on kid, follow me" like its older then me even though i am a teenager and not a kit like my mom calls me but shes a full on mythological nerd. Anyway I start to follow it through the alleyway that it started going to and picking the little animal up and tucking the female kit in my arms making it look like she was mine earning a small mew in return kind of like she was asking me what was going on I respond with a look of 'don't test me on this' and a "its for your safety... shh..." getting a little nod in return. Walking as fast as i dared down the alley when i finally got out i set the little one down and nod showing her that i'll still follow her even though i have let go soon following her into a warehouse district over in Brooklyn "I'm not allowed on this side of the river little one where are you taking me...?" i ask mostly to myself until i see a mansion on the roof of the warehouse that she just went in. "I'm gonna be in so much trouble for this..." i say going in.
"HELLO!?!" i yell into the house to see if someone is home "a kitten lead me here and now I'm yelling into an empty house... i must be going crazy well i guess i can look around and see if i can find her..." i say under my breath, but when i turn around I'm faced with group of people who are pointing what look to be sticks, boomerangs, and fangs/claws or curved swords (a khopesh, my brain helpfully supplies) and an army of penguins (what!?) "um... hi?" i try to diffuse the tension in the air "i'm lilith, and I'm seeing that i might be invading on your home so i'm gonna go and forget i saw this..." i say trying to get past these weird as heck kids and one adult in a leopard skin leotard "um nice khopesh by the way it looks really good" the boy looks at me like im crazy and not these people, but the woman looks like she recognizes me "lilith, like aphro's kid?" "you know my mom? how do you know her you don't seem the type to get love advice from others or at all for that matter." i say a little suspicious of these people. "i'm an old friend of hers and your dads" "never met him and don't really wanna now he's been gone my whole life so... yea" i respond "anyway i should get going mom doesn't exactly like it when i'm on this side of the river..." i say starting to walk out the door. "WAIT!" the boy with the emo look yells out. "um Walt... we cant exactly stop her" one of the girls says. i pause but don't turn around "let him speak" "look i know you have no reason to trust me seeing as how me and my friends pulled weapons on you but take this please and if you need it then one of us will be there for you its just we don't trust people easily" he says handing me a small pendant "i can understand that. my dad left before i was born and my life and my moms has been one heartbreak after another... and i don't even know why i'm telling you people this..." i say putting the new pendant onto my necklace and putting it back underneath my shirt "but i'll carry this with me always... if only as a reminder of y'all" i say with a smirk on my face finally i head out throwing a peace sign over my shoulder at them and hearing them all yell "BYE!" i start to smile, knowing this wont be the last time i see them, but at least next time, they wont have an army of penguins ready to attack me... as i head inside my house i hear a sigh of relief that can only be from my mother "you have no idea how worried i was about you, for all i knew something happened and you were dead in an alleyway somewhere!" "im sorry mom i didn't mean to worry you..." "either way i need to talk to you..." "ok..."