Imagine

I stood there, basking in the horrors if his voice still racking around in my mind. Among everything that's happened, living in a house with a bomb, seeing a man I'd never seen before, even being the target of some cult I'd never heard of... Seven's words... were the only things on my mind. I felt a fresh wave if guilt wash over me, sending goosebumps along my arms. My ears pricked for footsteps outside the door. I was met with aching silence.
   Without another moment to spare, I grabbed my phone and dashed into my bedroom.  I ripped open the doors to the closet, brandished my two suitcases, and plopped on the bed. Only one number came to mind as I scrolled feverishly through the contact list.
As the phone rang on the other line, I hopped up and began throwing heaps of clothes into the gaping mouth of the bag.

"Hello?" A female voice answered.

"Hey," I responded, catching my voice break by the onset of tears.

"Woah woah what's going on?" She crooned, "Is it stress from the new job?"

"I quit, Talia," I stated firmly.

She paused," What?"

"I just can't do this anymore. There's too much secrecy and the people I'm working with...it's so much worse than it was back home,"

"Wait, are people messing wit you?" She questioned angrily.

"More like I keep getting slapped with the truth...," I trailed," I'm coming back to my apartment. Hopefully, I can start where I left off. If not, then I can get a job at the deli again,"

"Oh my God, not delivery,"

"Min Sung may have been weird, but he paid well. Besides, both of his children are going abroad soon. He needs all the help he can get,"

Talia sighed," I really wish you'd called me earlier. You sound a little emotional to be driving right now,?

I managed a slight smile,"I'll be fine,"

"Alright, well I'll be coming over with fanfare and ice cream tomorrow so just hang tight, okay?"

"Okay, " I sighed,"I'll text you when I get back,"

   As I strapped my duffel bag on my back, I couldn't help but take one final glance at the apartment. What person would honestly come here under the assumption of a lost phone? Maybe Seven was right? Maybe I really am dumb and naive. I touched the cool metal handle, and for the last time, I closed the door.
   With my mask firmly on my face, and a hoodie over my head, I made my way down the hall. I caught a glimpse of that familiar red-head pacing near the elevator. I forced myself to continue. Nothing good would come out of talking to him.

   The next day I got to work, putting out resumes for gigs all over town. In the meantime, I begged for my job at Min Sung's deli. Luckily I was able to start as soon as possible, seeing as one of his children were already off to Spain. However, getting back to my hometown was anything but a cakewalk. My phone vibrated every second. Everytime I checked the time, twelve new messages popped up. I eventually opted to turn my phone off.
   I pulled into the driveway in front of my complex after probably the longest day I'd ever slaved through. I savored a few moments to myself. If everyday went like this, eventually I could learn to forget them. I'd probably never see Jumin or Jaehee again due to their workload. Yoosung just got back on the right track with school and Zen was probably too busy do much other than call or text me. I blew out a deep sigh. I had about an hour to get ready for my meet up with Talia.
   Suddenly my phone turned on. A red dot blinked on screen. I held my breath. Saeran? Bright headlights crept around the corner, heading straight for my cove. I hurried into the house, and locked the door. Just as I was beginning to reason with myself that maybe it wasnt anything suspicious, someone knocked on my door. On my way down, I grabbed a knife and peeked through the window. That familiar red head stood, antsy. I left the lock on, keeping the door cracked.
  He golden eyes lit up when he saw me.