Seeing Blind

September 30th, 2019

Sagittarius (Grayson) Horoscope:

You may have a very busy day ahead, but you might not be able to concentrate. Too many issues could churn up from the past. Old emotional traumas, money problems from years ago that still haunt you, even past dreams could be on your mind. Don't fight it. This is a healing process. Clear the psychic space to make way for more positive input.

——————

"What's he like?"

Sam paid little attention to your words, her blue eyes sparkling as she stared up at a lacy pink number that was quite a contrast to the glossy black mannequin that modeled it, "hmm?"

"Grayson, what's he like?"

The way you were fiddling aimlessly with a pair of underwear that was two sizes too small told your friend everything she needed to know about your state of mind. Not only did the plans for the evening have your stomach twisting, but you had been displaced from your comfort zone in the lingerie section of Victoria's secret — the side where the underwear was a lot less revealing, and the hoodies were the centers of attention was more your cup of tea.

Sam smirked, "you should know, you've seen some of their videos."

You rolled your eyes, "you know what I mean, people aren't what they post. What's he really like? He's a douchebag, isn't he?"

A laugh was the only thing that came from Sam's mouth, so you brought out bigger guns, "I'll cancel this blind date if you don't give me more of a heads up. And you know I will, so don't test me."

Sam shook her head, her tightly curled auburn hair moving in sync with her body, "Don't cancel, E said Gray is really looking forward to this! What do you want to know? He's super sweet and single, and according to E, lonely."

Your laugh and scoff coincided cynically, "lonely? I don't think a guy like that would even know what that word means."

"Whatever, he's fuckin' hot, that should be all you need to know."

Sam plucked a black one-piece from a rack; it had been dazzled with white crystals sewn under the wire bra, and the lace had been designed to look like a flower pattern. You inwardly cringed at how revealing it was, basically sheer that would leave nothing to the imagination.

"He doesn't date a lot," she held the outfit in front of her chest, "what do you think? I'm gonna get it, Ethan likes black."

Samantha and Ethan met at a party where Ethan busted his ass in a backyard because of an overly enthusiastic game of beer pong and a poorly discarded can. Despite his bruised skin and rolled ankle, it was lust at first sight— you weren't ready to label it anything more than that just yet. Yours and Sam's story began way before boys came into the picture, tied at the hip ever since you two teamed up against other girls on the basketball court in middle school. Sam's outwardness was suitable for the introvert that dwelled inside you; she pushed you to be more outgoing, while you reeled her back in when things got too crazy. Complete opposites that surprisingly clicked into a friendship that has lasted through high school, heartbreak, and now college. You have never met Ethan, but Sam was crazy over him and kept him close, usually behind locked doors and when others were nowhere in sight.

You weren't sure why Sam picked you of all people to set Grayson up with; she is in no short supply of more beautiful and outgoing girlfriends. She said it's because he was your type, but you know it's more likely she was just choosing the person she trusted the most. That, or she pitied your lack of romance. You agreed to the double date after hours of her begging, but you weren't going into it expecting much... especially knowing who he was and what he did for a living.