Penitence

-Jojo-

Why? Jonathan thought about this for a very long time. He should be used to the now silent house. 'Then why do I feel so depressed over my brothers finally moving out?'.

This was not how he should feel. He should feel happy, proud even, that his brothers finally found their calling in life. Instead, he feels depressed, shame, guilt at being left alone in their his house.

And here he is, just sitting in an office chair, pondering on why he's feeling this way. Jonathan sighed deeply, trying to shake off the emotions and thoughts going through his brain.

Joseph moved out first, he decided to move to Italy with his husband and childhood best friend Caesar Zeppeli to raise their daughter Holly who was conceived through Surrogacy with their other best friend Suzie Q. They all seem happy, and every time Jonathan peers over their photographs he can't help but be reminded that he isn't apart of Joseph's life anymore. His little brother doesn't have time for him anymore.

Jotaro moved out next, he wanted to finish his degree in Marine Biology and become a Marine Biologist. He moved out of town and into a college dorm being shared with their cousins Jolyne and Josuke who is also planning on finishing their degrees in Art and Entrepreneurship respectively. Jotaro promised to call him every week since he was worried that Jonathan will be lonely without anyone in the house. He wanted to call his big brother these 2 weeks but Jonathan told him that he doesn't have to call him that time because Jotaro had an important project to finish. Jotaro hesitated but finally caved in, also promising to call Jonathan after he finally finished.

He should stop being so selfish, stop thinking that anyone has time for him now because they have their own lives, their problems. He should stop being so selfish because that's what got Mother killed

"Stop," Jonathan whispered to himself. "Stop thinking about this, you should-" he breathed out a shaky sigh.

The doorbell ringed.

----------

Sorry if the format is kinda weird. as the description said this was posted originally for Archive of Our Own.