♥Guitar♥

𝑨 𝒒𝒖𝒊𝒄𝒌 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒆 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒓: 𝑯𝒆𝒚 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒅𝒆𝒓𝒔! 𝑻𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒌 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒔𝒐 𝒎𝒖𝒄𝒉 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒄𝒍𝒊𝒄𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒐𝒏 𝒎𝒚 𝒃𝒐𝒐𝒌,𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒊𝒔 𝒎𝒚 𝒇𝒊𝒓𝒔𝒕 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒘𝒓𝒊𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈,𝒔𝒐 𝒊𝒕 𝒘𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒃𝒆 𝒎𝒖𝒄𝒉 𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒓𝒆𝒄𝒊𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒊𝒇 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒖𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝒄𝒓𝒊𝒕𝒊𝒄𝒊𝒔𝒎 𝒕𝒐 𝒍𝒆𝒕 𝒎𝒆 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝑰 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒊𝒎𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒐𝒏 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒇𝒖𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒆 𝒘𝒓𝒊𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔. 𝑨𝒈𝒂𝒊𝒏,𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒌 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒔𝒐 𝒎𝒖𝒄𝒉 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒆𝒏𝒋𝒐𝒚 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈. :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~𝟏𝟒/𝟎𝟓/𝟏𝟗𝟖𝟔~

It was another pleasantly warm springs day in New Jersey on May 14th 1986. The streets were busy,everyone had plans and were enjoying the amazing weather. All except me, it seemed.  I have been sat on my bed staring up at the ceiling in my bedroom,although occasionally getting up to look out onto the streets,but other than that I was bored out of my mind.

My ears perk up at the sound of the ringing of the family telephone and my mother calling out for me to answer it. I huff and reluctantly get up. 

"Hello,"I answer dryly.

"Hey (Y/N) it's Jon,",I perk up at the sweet yet raspy voice of my best friend Jon on the other end of the line.

"Oh,hey Jon! How are you?",I speak in a much softer tone compared to the tone I spoke in when I first answered. 

"I'm okay thanks (Y/N),you okay?"he asked the sweetness dripping from his voice. 

"Yes,I'm okay Jon is there anything you needed?" 

"No but I am bored out of my goddamn mind and I was wondering if you were up to hanging out? I could bring my guitar over because I know how much you've been wanting me to play for you,"I could practically hear the smile in his voice.

"No,no I'm not busy at all.. I would love for you to come round",I smile whilst twirling the phone chord between my two fingers,it was a nervous habit.

"Okay great! I'll see ya in a few,bye."he spoke before quickly hanging up.

"Sure-Oh okay"I end whilst putting the phone back down on the retriever. 

I quickly rush upstairs to my room making sure it is all clean so I don't embarrass myself in front of Jon. If you haven't realised by now,me and Jon are best friends but I do wish we could be more than just best friends. I couldn't help how I felt. He was incredible and made me feel so wanted,not to mention the fact he is practically perfect in every way. My thoughts are interrupted as I hear the soft yet firm knocking on the front door.

I rush to my feet and down the staircase straight to the front door,only to be met with the most beautiful smile I have come to love.

"Hey Jon,come in,"I give him a small smile whilst stepping to the side,gesturing for him to come in.

He steps in and it takes me by  a great surprise when he wraps his toned arms around my upper body,embracing me in a hug. Although me and Jon have hugged before this time it felt so different,a lot more warm and endearing. I blush at the sudden affection and wrap my arms around him.

We pull back and I smile up at him.

"Lets go up to my room,"I say as I begin to climb the stairs.

As soon as we get up stairs Jon and me take a seat on the bed and we begin our usual chit chat. Catching up with him was lovely,as these days he seemed to always be busy with his new band and jobs.

"Sooo,you said you brought your guitar," I lead on.

"oh yes,that,"he laughs nervously which I find odd. 

"Yes that,"I playfully roll my eyes. "So go on."

"Fineee,"he drags out picking his guitar up.

"I really need to hear your opinion on this song (Y/N),it's really important that you hear it,"he speaks quietly and he seems nervous too.

I smile whilst nodding ready to hear.

He begins to strum and his melodic voice pours out. 

This Romeo is bleeding, but you can't see his blood
It's nothing but some feelings
That this old dog kicked up
It's been raining since you left me
Now I'm drowning in the flood
You see I've always been a fighter
But without you I give up 

Now I can't sing a love song
Like the way it's meant to be
Well, I guess I'm not that good anymore
But baby, that's just me

Yeah I, will love you, baby
Always and I'll be there
Forever and a day, alwaysI'll be there, till the stars don't shine
'Til the heavens burst and the words don't rhyme
I know when I die you'll be on my mind
And I'll love you, always

I smile in admiration upon hearing his beautiful voice and his wonderful guitar skills.

He sets his guitar to the side,a nervous expression setting on his features. 

"So,what did you think?"he speaks,clasping his hands over his knees.

"Oh Jon,it is absolutely beautiful,everything about it pulled at my heart strings. I can't wait until it's out!"

He smiles,almost relieved. 

"Thank you (Y/N), I wrote it for someone. She holds a special place in my heart,"he speaks barely audible.

I feel a pang of jealousy in my chest upon hearing that he wrote this song for someone. I bow my head down and look at my hands that are rested on my lap.

"Well,I'm sure she's very lucky,"I speak,playing with my fingers.

All of a sudden,I feel my chin being lifted tenderly by two fingers. His big blue eyes pierce into mine. Almost as if he is looking into my mind and reading all my thoughts. I feel my cheeks begin to heat up as he leans in closer,his lips now grazing mine. 

"Jon,"I murmur,almost breathlessly.

He doesn't say anything else,but presses his lips to mine. Almost out of instinct, I wrap my arms around his neck and cradle the back of his head with my hands. His hands wrap themselves tight around my waist as he pulls me closer to him.

His lips are so soft,so soft that I never want this kiss to end. He moves with such tenderness that is until he abruptly pulls his lips away. My eyes re open,only to be met by his shocked expression. 

"I-I'm so sorry (Y/N),I ca-"

"Jon,it's okay,I liked it,"I cut him off,softly smiling trying to ease any worries he might have had.

He smiles seemingly relieved.

"That song was for you,"he admits.

I don't say anything else,but pull him into another kiss. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------