The Video

The moon shone brightly in the dark starry sky, illuminating the younger smashers and animals in the Smash Mansion as they went to bed and drifted off to sleep. The older smashers usually stayed up longer, and tonight was no exception. Most nights the contestants would be scattered around the building, taking in the quiet time without the energetic children or animals around, but tonight they were all gathered in the common room, watching as Snake, Samus, Captain Falcon, and Bayonetta came in and out, carrying large cases of alcohol, speakers, lights, games, anything to make the night wild.

    Soon enough, the common room became a party in full swing: Blinding lights, loud music, different games (Poker, Spin the bottle, and of course, Twister), and a good chunk of the booze already consumed.

    Pit had never experienced a party quite like this in Skyworld, and as such, he found himself wasted early on into the party and had begun to dose off on one of the couches. Meanwhile at the other end of the party, Link was having his fair share of fun playing spin the bottle with a group of friends including Samus, Peach, and Zelda. Being drunk seemed to be the atmosphere of the party and seemingly the reason for its existence, after all, they were welcoming the new fighters to the mansion. The attendance to this party was lackluster at best with those who did not enjoy parties already sound asleep in their own respective dorms.

    The game of spin the bottle was located near the couch that Pit was dozing off on and so when the bottle was spun in Link’s favor, it pointed towards the angel lying on the nearby couch. Peach, who was sitting on Link’s left, nudged him to get up and motioned towards the angel.

    “Go kiss angel boy over there, Link.” said Peach, jokingly, and obviously not meaning it. Nevertheless, Link took it as his opportunity to kiss somebody for the first time, (pan boi), and clumsily shuffled over to where the head of the angel was resting over the side of the couch and leaned in.

    The group watched as the Hylian missed the angel’s lips and instead left a sloppy kiss on his cheek. He pulled back, giggled at himself, then went to try a second time. Yet again, the boy missed his target and kissed the other’s chin.

    “Come on! We *hic* We don’t have all day, Link!” Roy shouted at his friend from across the circle, taking a swig from the bottle in his hand.

    Link was about to try for a third time, but the boy on the couch started to move. Pit laid on his stomach and hid his face in the couch cushion, annoyed that his fuzzy haze on the ceiling was interrupted. Link, not having any of that, stood up, flipped the angel around, straddled his waist, and held Pit’s face in his hand. 

    All the girls, and some of the guys, leaned forwards as Link lowered his face and smashed their lips together. Link’s longer hair dangled around Pit’s head and mixed with the other’s darker hair. The angel’s eyes opened wide as he slowly realized what was going on but he was drunk enough to just go along with it. He closed his eyes again and wrapped his slender arms around the Hylian’s neck and brought the rest of Link's body down closer to him. His single exposed wing that was not pinned against the side of the couch unfurled to its maximum length and Link stopped for a second to open his eyes and gaze at the wing. 

Link moved his mouth away from Pit’s lips and over to his ear and whispered, “You’re beautiful.”

Unfortunately for the intimate duo, Roy had filmed the whole thing.

The group broke out into a murmur, surprised that Link actually committed, though they were deaf to the couple’s ears. 

“Dam Link,” Samus commented, leaning back on one hand and swirling her wine glass in the other, “How am I gonna one-up that?” 

Link turned slightly to look at the blond and gave her a lop-sided smile. “You don’t.” Link turned his attention back to the angel under him and they stayed like that for a while until Peach pulled on Link’s tunic.

“C’mon, Link,” Peach slurred, “We wanna keep playing.”

“Kay.” Link moved to sit up but ended up placing his hand too far to the end of the cushion, causing his palm to slip. He fell onto the helpless angel under him and they both let out an ‘oof’ once Link collided with the winged creature. Pit let out a giggle and pulled Link closer to him. Link put his head on Pit’s shoulder and let out a snort, “Eh, I can’t feel my legs.”

Link giggled the entire time Zelda dragged him off the couch and onto the floor, a plop sound coming from the action. Marth helped the giggly bitch of a hero lean against the couch. 

The group looked at Pit, who seemed to have gone with Link halfway off the couch and was just dangling there. Ike pushed Pit’s head back on the cushion and let his arm and leg lay on the ground. Ike turned and looked at the bottle in the center, then at the hiccuping angel, and then back at the bottle. “There’s no way he has the strength to spin that, so who’s next?”

Link dazed out for a moment and came back to reality at Ike’s last statement. “Oh, it was my turn wasn’t it?”

“No, you just-” Zelda tried to stop the triforce of courage but was a second too late and Link spun the bottle. 

Everyone shrugged, once the bottle started spinning. There wasn’t stopping it. The glass bottle spun for a long time before it slowed and finally stopped on Shulk.

The group went silent. Even the angel halfway on the couch stopped hiccuping, which was soon replaced by an intense, suspense-filled glare.  

Shulk, seeing Pit’s warning gaze decided it was best not to interfere with whatever tricky business was going on between the two. He began to back away from the angry angel, making it clear he did not want to be involved. However, Link, in his drunken state, did not get the message and began to shuffle towards the swordsman. Then, with blinding speed, Pit moved his face within centimeters of Link’s, staring him dead in the eye. Link got the message. 

Pit’s world tilted sideways as he toppled over and began to snore. Link then picked him up, deciding that he had had his fair share of the party and took him off to his room, where Dark Pit was already asleep. 

    After Link gently tucked Pit into bed, careful not to wake the sleeping angel, he had made it to the doorway when he heard Pit giggle in his sleep. “Fun party huh?” Link muttered, and with that, he shut the door behind him.