Dreamy

"Well that's all of my stuff, lock the door," Duke said harshly.

Chloe glared at Duke as he dragged his bags out the door. A tear rolled down her cheek, she couldn't contain herself.

"Travel safely," she replied softly.

Duke looked around at her, his eyes seem filled with empathy. He slowly reached out to remove her hair from her face, as he always would; but he quickly withdrew them.

"What am I doing?" he asked himself, softly.

Chloe smirked at him, but he was nowhere close to happy, to smile back.

Duke walked silently to the car and slammed his door.

Gazing into his car window, Chloe starred till he drove away.

As she was about to go inside, a black jeep pulled up.

"Peep!"

Chloe immediately recognized Dexter and ran to the keep.

"Hunny I'm home!" Dexter exclaimed.

Chloe chuckled, while opening the door; "Wow, you almost met him here!"

"Really? I thought you told me he was supposed to leave at three," Dexter said.

"Well yea, but he's been circling in the house for a while before he got everything, it was like he didn't want to leave," Chloe said pitifully.

Dexter reached out to Chloe and wrapped his muscular arms around her.

Chloe looked up to him and smirk, "I love you."

"I love you too," he replied. "Now let's get to packing," he added.

Chloe's demeanour immediately changed, her head focused on her feet.

Dexter looked down at her feet, pointing inward. "I know, somethings wrong, what is it?"

"It's just that I'm gonna really miss it here," she said softly while looking through the window.

"Hey, hey, look at me; we're gonna start something special, something magical, something that's gonna last a lifetime," Dexter said while caressing her warm cheeks.

At ease by his words, Chloe looked into his eyes, "I know babe, I know."

"Well come one, act like you know," Dexter chuckled, while gently pushing her on her shoulders.

"Alright well let's do this," Chloe said, with a sudden burst of excitement.

"That's my girl!" Dexter exclaimed.

"Woa, woa, why are those still here, I thought you sent those in?" Dexter said, while glaring at the divorce papers at the centre of the table.

Chloe turned around as though she was surprised and then said, "My attorney isn't back in town yet, she said about a week."

"I'm sure that's the exact thing you told me two weeks ago," Dexter said; his eyebrow raised.

Chloe walked over to him trying to console him, by attempting to wrap her arms around him.

"Babe, it's not like I'm trying to hold on to it, I'm literally waiting on my attorney," Chloe assured.

"Well you can't you drop that off at her office or something?" Dexter said, slightly annoyed.

"Why are you getting upset?" Chloe asked, moving back slowly from him.

"I don't see why they should still be here! Why?" Dexter asked.

"Look; I want to put the papers in her hands, giving them to her secretary won't 'sit right' with me," Chloe expressed.