A Helping Hand

(Your Pov)

I woke up to light shining through the curtains. The light perfectly shone on Timothée's dark brown curls. I delicately brushed my fingers through his hair. I didn't know what heaven was until I first touched him. I turned around, facing my nightstand, to grab my phone to check the time. It was 9 am. My eyes opened in shock. Today was my sister's birthday and my mom asked me if I can make the cake and the cupcakes.

I quickly got out of bed, trying to make as little noise as possible. I went to the bathroom and did everything I needed to do to get ready. I ran to the kitchen to get the supplies. I guess I made a bit of noise that woke Timothée up. I was already putting the flour in the bowl when I felt something hug me from behind. I looked back to see an angel of the morning which I was so lucky to call mine. He lightly kissed my neck but I paid no attention to it since I was so concentrated on the baking.

"What are you doing," he asked with his morning raspy voice which I adored when it was the first thing I hear in the morning. "Timothée I cant play around today. I'm already super late. My sister's party is at 12." He said nothing except walking back to the bedroom. When he came back he was fully dressed. He grabbed an apron from the pantry and put it on. "What are you doing?" I said with a slight laugh under my breath. "I'm gonna help you." "Are you sure you know how to make a cake and cupcakes? Like you've only baked twice in your life." "I'm sure it's not hard. Its nothing I couldn't do. And for your information, I've baked three times in my life." "Oh boy," I said under my breath.

One of the many mistakes he made was putting too much water and oil. He felt so sorry but I said it was fine but he still insisted on helping. Another mistake was the eggshells in the batter. It took me five minutes to take out each and every shell. As angry as I was, I never let it show because I knew that he was trying his best and he meant everything with good intentions.

We placed the cake and the cupcakes in the oven and waited 30 minutes. We were exhausted from baking while trying to beat the clock. Timothee and I washed the dishes we had just dirtied while the cake was baking. "I really appreciate you helping me," I said as I was washing the measuring cup. "Its no problem. You deserve it" he said as he was washing the batter bowl. We dried our hands and sat on the stools.

I constantly was checking the clock making sure that I wasn't going to be off track. Timothée touched my hand to reassure me. "Don't worry about the time." "I know but I'm just scared. I don't want to be late. I want this party to be perfect." He came in closer and brushed a strand of hair off my face then slowly came in for a kiss. To be honest, it really did feel as if time had just stopped when I was with him.

I pulled away; I had just forgotten about the frosting. "Omg Timmy, the frosting!" I shouted. "Didn't you get it at the market yesterday?" He asked. "No I forgot about it I guess." Without hesitation, he grabbed the car keys and his sunglasses. Not even a second later, he's already out the door.

The cakes were finally done. I took the cakes out of the oven so that they would cool down. 15 minutes later I hear the key's jiggling. He had a bag in his hands. "Is that the frosting?" I asked. "Yep, I got like 5 cause I didn't know which one you wanted." "Aww, you shouldn't have." We unpacked the frosting and frosted the cakes and the cupcakes. I checked the clock one last time and it was 11:45. I looked back at the cakes and said: "not too shabby, yeah?" "Not at all." He grabbed my hand and spun me around and passionately kissed me. "Alright, let's get pack these desserts up in the car.

Hello there again, this isn't a really good idea but I still thought it was cute. If you have any requests, my comments are always open. If you liked this imagine, please give it a star.
- Iwillmarrybread