𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄

CHAPTER TWELVE | THE LAST DANCE

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

A LOT HAD HAPPENED, AND THEY KNEW THAT KLAUS WOULD BE COMING SOON. In a bid to protect Elena, the Salvatore brothers had signed the deed for the house over to Elena. The Salvatore house would be Elena Gilbert's own personal safe house. She and only she could invite vampires inside the home.

Once the process was finished, Klara wandered down the staircase with her handbag over her shoulder. Elena had given Stefan an invitation into the house, while Damon remained on the porch. "Oh, Elena. Do us all a favor and don't let him in."

"What are we, twelve?" Damon gave a shot glare between the two girls. 

"One of us is," Elena confirmed with a blunt look, which only irritated Damon more. "If I let you in, do you promise to obey the owner of this house?"

"No."

"Seriously, Damon. My way. You promised. I call the shots. No lies, no secret agendas. Remember?" The doppelganger raised an eyebrow as she reminded Damon of the deal they made.

Damon rolled his eyes. "Yes, Elena. Sure."

"Then please, come in."

Klara scoffed as Damon finally was allowed inside the house. She raised an eyebrow toward the oldest Salvatore brother who seemed embarrassed by the fact he was stuck at the threshold. "I mean, that didn't sound very sincere, Damon."

"Shut up." He lowly grunted.

After a few quiet chuckles were exchanged, Bonnie appeared at the doorway with her bag over her shoulder. Elena smiled toward the girl. "Hey, Bonnie." The doppelganger then turned back to Klara. "You ready to go?"

"Wait, where are you going?" Stefan's intrigue had gotten the better of him as he glared toward the three girls.

"School." Klara deadpanned with a light smile. "You do realize the educational system doesn't just grind to a halt because a thousand-year-old psychopath wants to kill us all, right?"

"No, no, no." Damon turned around from his liquor supply and scowled at the girls. "We didn't create a safe house for you to leave it."

"Yeah, guys, Klaus is out there. We know that."

"Right. But where? No one knows. Look, I really appreciate what you guys are doing. And I'll be able to sleep at night knowing that I'll be safe here, but I'm not going to be a prisoner."

Stefan inhaled. He knew that arguing with his girlfriend would have made her kick her heels even further into the ground. He just turned around to Damon, who rolled his eyes. "Your way, Elena."

"Don't worry, I'm ready. If he shows his face, I can take him." Bonnie looked toward the Salvatore's and attempted to assure them the two girls would be safe with her. "I know how."