Meeting the Fam

(Your POV)
We had been driving for about an hour now. I could tell Timothée could see how nervous I was. He slowly placed his hand on my thigh, lightly rubbing it with his thumb. When I get nervous, my leg bounces up and down, sometimes aggressively. It gets pretty bad. (authors note: this happens a lot to me. It gets really bad. Lmk if you get like this too).

"Timothee, I don't think I can do this. What if they don't like me; or I don't meet their expectations" I said nervously, still bouncing my leg. "Y/n, yours going to be fine. Plus, they're very easy going. And if they don't like you, I still do and that's all that matters." "God, what did I do to deserve you." He grabbed my hand and brought it to his lips to kiss delicately.
                                     ❣︎
We finally parked on his parent's driveway. "They're gonna love you" he reassured. I took one final deep breath and climbed out of the car. Timothée knocked on the door and a second later his mom answered the door. "Timmy, how are you!" "I'm fine mom. Look, this is y/n." "Hi, it's so nice to meet you," I said. "Aww, y/n, I've heard so much about you. Please, come in."

I smelled the savory smell of hamburgers right when I came in. "Marc, Pauline! Come meet your son's girlfriend!" I laughed slightly at that comment. It was pretty bold of them to call me that when we literally just met 15 seconds ago. Marc (Timothee's dad) came through the sliding door that goes to the backyard where he was grilling the patties. Marc and Pauline hugged Timothee first then we hugged. To be honest, I actually felt like I was with family. I know some families are pretty distant when they meet their son's girlfriend but this was not the case.

Timothee and I sat on the couch side by side while Marc went back outside to finish the burgers. Pauline (his sister) and Nicole (his mom) sat across us. "So y/n, how did you two meet," asked, Pauline. At first, I was hesitating but Timothée held my hand tighter, and there I was, talking nonstop. "Well, Mrs. Chalamet-" "Please y/n, call me Nicole" she corrected. "Alright Nicole, well I met your wonderful son in a bagel shop. I guess you could say we hit it off pretty well."

After that, we talked more. It seemed that Timothée's family was interested in what I had to say. Marc came back from the backyard and brought the burgers. "Omg Mr. Chalamet, they look great. Good job" I said. "Thank you y/n."

Once we were done, Nicole went to the other room. When she came back, she had her hands full of photo albums. I've watched this movie before. The parents embarrass their son in front of their girlfriend. And that's exactly what they did. I saw all kinds of photos. From his baby photos to his graduation photo. When I pointed out his naked toddler photo, we couldn't help but laugh. I noticed that Timothée started to turn red.

"Alright, that's enough. I think y/n and I are gonna head back home" Timothée said as he closed the photo album. We both got up but Nicole insisted that we had our photo taken. We all gathered together, practically suffocating me. When we were done, we said our goodbyes and went out the door. I hugged all of them and walked to the car.

When I was inside the car, I saw Timothée still by the door talking to Nicole. "You're lucky to have a girl like that, Timmy. You know that, right" Nicole said. From the car, I saw him hug his mom. I don't think I've seen him so happy before. He came back to the car and sat beside me. "So how was it," he said as he looked at me. "I loved it. I felt at home." He held my hand, rubbing the back with his thumb. The whole night, I saw a smile on his face.

Lol, I'm kinda obsessed with writing these. I noticed that I've been writing really cute and wholesome imagines. Of course, I take requests in the comments. If you liked this story, make sure to give it a star.
- Iwillmarrybread