Intro : About me

"How am I going to write this?", I stared long at my laptop screen, thinking of a suitable but catchy title for my new article. I've been given a task to write about the rising star in the business industry, Jeon Jungkook. In my point of view, he is a complete package. What I meant by complete package is his handsome face, perfectly shaped physique, smart brain and a successful life. He has it all which makes all girl in this city to fall in love completely with him.

"Insight the life of Jeon Jungkook, the rising star and future leader of Korea's arts business industry.", I finally wrote a title for his article. "Now, I have the title done. I just need to go and interview him.", I stood up from my office chair, stretching my upper body. "How long have I been sitting down?", I spoke to myself and took my coat from the coat rack. I took my small hand bag with me and went out of my office.

"Where are you going, Yoonji?", My officemate, Haeun who peeped through her cubicle. "I'm going out to the café to get my coffee.", I answered her. She stood up from her place and took her things with her. "Then, I'm following.", she smiled innocently and stood beside me. "Let's go.", the two of us went out of our department going towards the lift. "So, how's your progress on Jeon Jungkook?", she asked out of the blue. "Just started with the title.", I answered short. "Are you okay, Yoonji? You seemed to be not in the right mood now.", she asked out of concern. "I'm fine, Haeun. Thanks for asking."

Then, we reached the ground floor of our building and went out. We went to Dal.Komm Coffee to get our shot of caffeinated drink. I ordered my usual iced latte and Haeun with her iced Americano. We ordered two slices of cake too. "Here are your cakes, miss.", the waiter spoke as she placed our plates on the table. "Thank you.", she smiled and walked away. "If you have any problem, I am here to listen.", Haeun said then, she sipped on her drink. "I feel stressed out. With tons of work to be done and meetings to be attended. I'm tired of it already.", I confessed with a deep sigh.

"It's okay, Yoonji. Things will get easier as time goes. You're still new with your job as our team leader. I am sure you will get through it once you adapt to the working environment. Don't stress out, okay? You will get through it, team leader Yoonji!", she cheered for me which gained a bit of attention here. "Okay, okay. Please don't talk too loud. People are watching, Haeun.", I signaled her with my eyes that people are watching us but she just smiled shyly and continue sipping her drink. "Let's finish this quick and go back to the office."

We finished eating and went back to the office. We reached our department and went to our respective places. "Thank you for your time, Haeun.", I thanked Haeun before I got approached by my boss's secretary. "Yoonji, the director wants you at her office now.", she commanded. I walked into my office in a rush to put my coffee and hand bag away before meeting her. I went to her office and knocked on the door. "Come in.", I heard her stern voice from outside. Did I do something wrong?

I went inside and stood in front of her work desk. "Good afternoon, madam.", I greeted her timidly. "Good afternoon. Sit down, Yoonji.", she responded. I sat down and wiped away my sweaty hands on my slacks. "How is your progress with the task I've given you?", she asked. "I'm just getting started, madam. I had my title ready also, I planned on interviewing him soon."

"You better work on your article real quick, Yoonji. Other journalists are also beginning to write articles about him and also get an interview with him. We can't lose to them just like that.", she demanded. This is the part where things get real hard and challenging for me. "Sure, madam. I promise to get him for interview as soon as I can.", I answered out of my own will. "I have high expectations on you, Yoonji. You are one of our best journalists here and I want you to live up to that title.", she added. High expectations always burden me. Having high expectations always leave me with no choice but to always excel and there's no room for making mistakes which I'm afraid of. "I will try my best, madam. I promise you that.", I responded trying to sound convincing enough for her. "Good. Do you perhaps have his secretary phone number? If not, I can give it to you.", she offered. "No, madam.", I answered short. Although Madam Jang can be very nerve wrecking sometimes, she is also a very good managing director. She will try to offer help to us as much as she can. She has also helped me so much since my first time entering here as an intern up until now.

"Make sure to get your job done as soon as possible, okay? I'll look forward to see your outcomes.", she reminded me before she lets me out of her room. I inhaled deeply and exhaled silently after I walked out of her office. Pressure is on and I have to get this job done as soon as I can. I went back to my office and sat on my office chair. "Park Jimin.", I looked at the business card my boss gave me just now. He is Mr. Jeon's secretary. So, without any further ado, I called Park Jimin's number.

"Hello. Park Jimin speaking.", a very clear yet sweet voice answered my call. "Hello, Mr. Park. I'm Min Yoonji, a journalist from New Era Magazine. I am working on an article regarding Mr. Jeon Jungkook and to complete this work, I have to interview him. So, I would like to ask if Mr. Jeon is available for an interview any time soon?", I spoke through the phone. "May I know where did you get my number?", he asked, not answering my question. "I got your number from my boss, Madam Jang Gyuri.", I answered. "Oh, right. You're from New Era.", he went silent before continuing. "Let me inform this to him first and I'll call you as soon as I get his answer."

"Sure, Mr. Park.", I answered with hopes his boss will say yes to the interview. "Alright. Bye.", he ended the call. "That was..weird.", I spoke to myself as I recalled back the moment I told my boss's name to him. Why is he being silent after hearing her name?

I checked some of my editor's work before I went home. I live with my brother in Seoul. However, my parents are in Daegu, taking care of their restaurant business there. After I entered the passcode to our small yet comfy apartment, I smelled the most mouth watering smell ever coming from the kitchen. The smell of perfectly grilled meat by my brother, Yoongi. He is a psychologist at a nearby hospital.

"Oh, Yoongi-ssi. What are you cooking?", I went to the kitchen only to see him standing with his right arm on his hip, like an old man waiting for the meat to grill perfectly. He turned around with a straight face, looking at me.

"I'm grilling these meats for dinner. Also, I got you some Dakgangjeong. They're in there.", he pointed at a white plastic bag on the countertop. "Nice! I'll go and take a shower now. Then, we can have dinner. Wait for me, oppa.", I walked into my room and placed my bag on my desk chair. I took my towel and went to take a shower. After shower, I went out to have dinner with him.

"How is your work today?", he started a conversation while I was munching on my chicken. "Tiring.", I answered because that's the only word I had in mind. He frowned at me and I know he's waiting for me to continue. I sighed. "You know. I feel burdened. My boss gave me this task to write about Jeon Jungkook.", I started speaking. "Jeon Jungkook. That businessman?", he interrupted. "Yes.", I answered. "Aren't your company only publish fashion magazine? Why would you write a story about a business man?", he bombarded me with questions. "Oppa, a fashion magazine isn't limited to cover up stories about celebrities or fashion influencers only. They can also cover up stories about a businessman like him. We seek opportunity from his popularity right now.", I answered him the simplest way I can. Then, our talk went until midnight. As expected, having talks with my brother will not last only for minute but hours since he has a lot to share.

"It was nice talking to you, oppa. Good night.", I bid him good bye before I hit the sack.

Okay, guys. First chapter is up. What do you think of it? I hope this first chapter grabbed your attention ;) Well, you know what you got to do. Please vote and leave your comments, alright? I'll be reading them to know what you think of the first chapter :) Second chapter is coming. Stay tuned!