"Hey, Cinnamon,"

Author's Note:

Always wanted to give MerAdd the fake dating trope!

And some chivalry never goes unrewarded, either.

Behold, the 'knight in shining... whatever .' :D

For AddisonAddek, mostly, along with the other people I gifted it to, who I also cherish very dearly, indeed. And also to LordOfLezzies and EmyLilas, lightningmaystrike, lespians, TheNetflixGal, LarisUSB, and Kristin_Aubrie, of course. Plus Hotgitay. I see you lurking in a great way all over again! And also some SUPER AWESOME AMAZING others that I'm sure I'll remember after posting it first!

Read the notes at the end to figure out why, and enjoy!

bobbiejelly

Cinnamon

Addison Montgomery needs Meredith Grey to make this creepy man stop hitting on her; Meredith does. MerAdd. Meddison. Fake Dating. Rescue. Screw The Patriarchy. How Derek Found Out. MerDer to MerAdd. OTP Feels. Bisexuality. Lesbian. Friendship. Love. Crack. Fluff. Fun. Rated M.

Chapter 1: "Hey, Cinnamon,"

In Which, Meredith Grey is Addison Montgomery's 'knight in shining... whatever', and Addison gladly returns the favor.

"Wow, you have the most beautiful redddddd hair that I've ever seen." this probably sixty-something old ugly man keeps hitting on Addison Montgomery again at Joe's bar.

Addie doesn't know his name, and she doesn't ever want to. He keeps following her around like a puppy, and frankly, Addison is losing her patience.

"I'm not interested, I'm sorry," Addison tries to put it politely. But he's not taking the hint, and he keeps stumbling closer to her.

"Well, I think you're the finest female in the entire Emerald City Bar!" the lecherous man slurred right back to her.

('Ugh', Addison kept thinking right to herself. I wish he'd go drown himself in someone else,' Addison swore in her head.)

And the man kept hitting on her, with all of his might. And now he was touching her, groping her on the lower back and the ass. And it was really starting to make Addie uncomfortable.

But Addison was alone in the bar. She couldn't see anyone she recognized, except her ex-husband and his new girlfriend who were standing close together, hushing intimately to themselves while Meredith reached into her ex-husband Derek Shepherd's pocket.

(His new girlfriend Meredith Grey, who is no longer his mistress, I guess, at this point, Addison thinks to herself, rather idly,) and of course, this still doesn't help Addison out of this mess.

So Addison keeps standing there as the man gropes for her hand now, pointing out she's not married or even engaged based on her distinct lack of jewelry, and Addison had to bite her tongue hard not to exclaim 'well, I just got a divorce,' because that would just help him.

Addison wasn't wearing a ring any longer, (and she didn't know yet that Derek kept her old ring she had given him, secretly in his pocket, and that when she discovered this, that she wouldn't roll her eyes at him for the reason one might have expected her to.)

So Addison keeps trying to fend him off while she scans hopelessly around the Emerald City Bar, hoping for Joe or Walter to notice him and to ask him to leave, or for someone, she knew to step in to be her 'knight in shining... whatever'...

Meanwhile...

"Derek Christopher Shepherd! Lend me your old wedding ring from Addison a second, now will you?" Meredith Grey asks of her boyfriend all of a sudden.