We're bestfriends! We get along very well

KJ Apa and Camila Mendes have been best friends for years now. They did everything together. They got the roles of Archie Andrews and Veronica Lodge in the television show "Riverdale". They both auditioned together in which they thought they were going to play besties on the show. Little did they know their characters were going date.
(The morning of filming season 1 episode 1 of
Riverdale)

Camila: Today is going to be the best day of my life. It's the day I get transformed into the iconic Veronica Lodge. (She gets a call from KJ)
KJ? good morning to you. Aren't you excited for today?
KJ: Of course I am. I'm very excited we are getting to act in a tv show together. It's so epic!
Camila: I know right. Today is just the script reading for the first part of the season, but I'm excited to see what our characters are going to be up to. (she giggles)
KJ: (giggling too) Me too. I'll see you later Cami. (him smiling)
Camila: See you later Kage
(The cast of Riverdale arrives to the reading the script table and everyone starts reading the script and plot for season one and Camila and KJ are staring at each other in shock)
(The writer of the show Ras starts talking about what kind of relationships will come upon the show)
Ras: So Veronica and Archie will develop feelings for each other and begin a serious relationship. Any questions?
(Camila and KJ have these looks on their faces like they're embarrassed and very confused. Were they really that stupid to think their characters were going to end up dating? Haven't they ever read The Archie Comics? Or did they know?
Ras: Camila? KJ? Have anything to say before we start filming tomorrow?
Camila: (feeling nervous to speak infront of KJ)
I... I um. I just didn't think any of our characters would date this soon in the show and-
KJ: (cuts Camila out as she starts to speak more)
I'm totally cool with this and can't wait to see how far our characters will go. Right Cami?
(Camila feels very frustrated and doesn't know really how to feel. Does she feel something deep for KJ? Is this why she's acting very weird?)
Camila: Yeah, yes of course. Why wouldn't I be? I'm very excited. (She looks down)
Ras: So Cami and KJ you guys are like best friends right? You guys have none each other for awhile now.
KJ: Yeah me and Cami are tight.
Camila: Yeah KJ and I are bestfriends we get along very well. We can get through anything together.
(KJ and Camila smiling at each other very longingly)

So the cast starts filming tomorrow and KJ and Camila have their first scene tomorrow which is very romantic. Can't wait to see how this goes down