Chapter 1

(Mary's pov)

"Mary! Wake up, you're going to be late on the first day of school!" The unmistakably soothing voice of my mom, Kathy, echoed up the stairs.

"One second mom," I groaned through my pillow.

"You have 15 minutes!" I could tell she was tired and didn't want to have to be waking me up.

After throwing all of the warmth of my comforter off of me, I started getting ready.

I've never really been one to stand out, never wanted to. So, my outfit consisted of plain jean shorts, a grey tee-shirt with mint green sleeves, and vans. Then put on some make up, a little eyeliner and foundation.

After a final glance in the mirror, I decided that I should eat. Down stairs there was some toast sitting on a plate with a note that read:

Went back to bed, had a long night at the hospital last night. Have a good day at school. I love you!
-mom

I smiled, grabbed the toast, and headed out the front door towards the bus.

The same bus that I had been riding for three years had passed my house without even the slightest halt. There wasn't even a point in trying to chase after it. I just watched it go by.

As I watched it disappear down the street I also noticed something. There were two figures standing in their drive-way, looking more than angry. I could her distant yelling, too.

Of course I knew who they were, Grayson and Ethan Dolan, the 'famous' viners. They weren't a big deal to me though, I've lived next door to them my whole life, but we didn't talk much.

They definitely changed in appearance, while they were visiting family, over summer break.

Hopefully everyone likes it so far! I promise it'll get better!😂 thanks for reading :)