𝙋 𝙍 𝙊 𝙇 𝙊 𝙂 𝙐 𝙀

LUST FOR LIFEprologue

LUST FOR LIFE
prologue

❝𝘛𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦'𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘥𝘰 𝘰𝘳 𝘴𝘢𝘺 𝘐 𝘤𝘢𝘯'𝘵 𝘦𝘴𝘤𝘢𝘱𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘺 𝘐 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 ❞

BELLA'S HEART DROPPED when she saw the male, newborn vampire fighting against Edward. It was clear that the newborn was much stronger, but Edward was much more older and more strategic as he dodges the newborn's every move. Edward can also use his power to read thoughts to his benefit, which gives him the upper hand to beat his opponent since he can read every move he's making. But, right now wasn't the time to focus her attention on both of them fighting.

Bella had to focus on her fight as she looked at the fiery red-headed vampire in front of her who was viciously glaring at her which such fury.

Victoria wanted — no... craved to killed Bella.

Bella needed to defend herself against the vampire since she was all on her own right now. This was her moment to finally put an end to this chapter and defeat Victoria. Once and for all. The fiery red-headed vampire may be much magnifying at everything than Bella, but Jasper's words echo in her head.

"You have the potential to kill a vampire, Bella. You have to fight smarter, not harder. Rely on your head, not your strength. I believe in you. But, most importantly....you have to believe in yourself. Do not let them get their hands on you."

Bella was more than ready as she clenched her fist in her palms, it was now her turn to fight. It was just the four of them on top of the high elevated mountain, with no other help besides Seth Clearwater who was now below the cliff since the newborn vampire just thrown the young wolf down the short cliff. Bella was sure that she can take on Victoria as the adrenaline overpower her fear as she glared at the redhead female too.

Victoria was much taller than her standing roughly around 5'8 — similar to Rosalie's height as Bella stood at a solid 5'3 stance. But, it didn't matter who was the strongest, biggest, or fastest, as Jasper would say, all that matter is who can fight and hold their ground. Which is why Edward is winning the fight against Riley Biers. Edward wasn't the strongest, but he was much more experienced than the young newborn as he was graciously fighting him.

Bella couldn't just stand by and watch, she needed to help him. That's what she has been doing all along — watching. No more. She has to rely on her ability and her nature if she wanted to defeat Victoria. It was the only way.

She has to believe in herself.

It was a riffling effect — Edward wanted to kill Victoria, Victoria wanted to kill Bella, and Bella wanted to kill...no one. She didn't want to kill anyone, but she'll do what has to do to defend herself and her loved ones. Bella made herself a promise that if it ever comes down for her to fight on her own — with no help whatsoever, she would do it. She would not only do it for her Aunt Lena and Edward but most importantly for herself.

Like a fierce lion looking at its prey, Victoria sharply made eye contact with the young hybrid. Her deep sinister eyes were filled with much malice. Bella could practically sense the deep yearning from the fiery red-headed vampire to ripped Bella's heart out.   

Edward immediately noticed as his eyes shifted madly in absolute terror from Bella to Victoria before making his way towards the vengeful vampire, but the newborn, Riley Beers, was far too quick as he latches his arms around Edward's waist — throwing him harshly on the pale white mountain top snow. The two went at it again, but Bella can recognize that Edward was trying to defeat the newborn as fast as he could so he could protect Bella.

"Bella! Run!" Edward calls with widen eyes. His beautiful amber eyes held so much fear. Fear for Bella.

Bella glances up at Edward once again before giving Victoria her undivided attention as she physically and mentally prepared for Victoria's rath.

"I'm sorry, Edward. But, I'm not running no more," Bella projected her thoughts to him as she let down her mental shield before putting it back up.

She gave Bella such a deadly looked that could've killed her then and there before charging into Bella's direction with such great speed.

Her fight with Victoria has now begun...

•••

Choices. Something that Bella feels like she rarely had the opportunity to do. Ever since she was a newborn, she was born into this world that is abnormal for humans and even for vampires to fully fathom the fact that she's the combination of both.

A hybrid.

But, all of that have changed when she met Edward. A vampire who fell in love with her to which she mutually returned her feelings.

Ever since he stepped foot into her life, she felt different. A good different to be more exact. Instead of feeling like some sort of atrocity, he makes her feel special — something that she shouldn't be ashamed of. Of being what she is. However, it can still be hard for her. Never being able to live a normal life like people her "age." She never got to grow up with her parents or even had the opportunity to even properly meet them. Her life flashed before her eyes — quite literally. A choice that was never a consideration since the day she was born.

Nevertheless, all of that has changed for her when it all came crashing down.

She had no idea that making big choices that could potentially affect your future could be extremely difficult. And frightening. In the long run, she'll have to make some decisions that aren't going to be manageable to which it could put her life in danger. Or worse...her loved ones in danger.

It's something she wished that she already knew, but every day it seems like she's learning something new when it comes to living life. Even though she's beyond intelligent, she can be naive too with this whole concept of living life.

Bella should have been careful of what she wished for because making choices is the most powerful thing anyone could do and making the wrong choice is the type of regret no one would want to face.

All rights belong to Stephine Meyer. I don't own Twilight. The OC's characters are the only ones I own.