Uno

Maya POV

"Mija come on you gotta get up and get ready for school." My Uncle said waking me up.

"Fine." I said, throwing my blanket harshly and getting out of the warm comfortable bed.

I get up and text Sam asking if she needed a ride to school but she replied with a no and that she'll pick up carter and we'll meet at school.

I get dressed into a white long-sleeved crop top shirt and a colorful skirt they went above my knees.

After eating and brushing my teeth, I head over to the diner knowing Sam would work before going to pick up Carter.

I get into my Black 2003 Hummer with some shiny silver Rims, yes my family has a bit of Money but it doesn't mean I'm one of those snobby 'Kool Kids'. I start the car and immediately my motor roars loudly. I smile and pet the dashboard of my baby. What? Don't judge.

I open the door and hear Rhonda say "you just leave Fiona and her big butt to me

I open the door and hear Rhonda say "you just leave Fiona and her big butt to me." I raise a eyebrow at that but Sam giggled and shrugged. I wait for her and as she grabs her bag And closes her book I open the door and hold it open, and get into our cars and we both drive away from the diner. Her, going to pick up Carter and me going to school.

I pull up into a parking spot close to the school and see some kids here, I get out, grab my bag and close the door; locking it.

My cellphone rings telling me I got a message, I look and see it's Ryan. We've been talking ever since their first football game. We flirt and stuff but I get mad when he laughs and encourages David and the whole 'clique' he knows it to.

As I'm about to respond I hear tires screeching and Shelby say "You snooze, You lose." I roll my eyes and see Sam and Carter talking, probably about his crush on Shelby Cummings.

I point to a parking spot and as their about to go but Austin's car pulls up in front of them and backs into the parking spot.

David pokes his head out and laughs. I go and walk up to them and hug Ryan, he smiles at me before swinging his arm over my shoulders.

"the white zone is for cool people only. No geeks." Shelby tells them, they laugh except me i nudge Ryan in the ribs he looks confused while i just roll my eyes.

Of course David being the jerk and trying way to hard to be funny, "Hey.. uh diner girl can I get a breakfast burrito to go? Thank you." They chuckle, i take Ryan's arm off and go help Sam as she tries to start her car, missing the look Ryan gave me.

******************************************

I split with Carter and Sam and go ahead and go to class but before that could happen I'm pulled to the side in front of the lockers. I pull my arm away from the person and look up to the one and only Ryan Hanson.

"What?" I ask with attitude as my cellphone rings, i put my bag down getting it out and checking my E-mails.

"Why are you mad at me?" He asked pulling my cellphone away.

I glare at him, "You were laughing while they insulted and joked around about my friends Ryan. I don't know about you but that makes me mad and really really sad that 'the cool kids' also known as some of my 'friends' would do that. I didn't think you were that kind of person."

He frowns while I take my phone and see that it was Sam asking if I'd be with her at the Diner later.

"I'm not like that at all, when I'm with you is when i can be ME but the the others would just make fun of me and Laugh at me-" i cut him off.

"That's still no excuse Ryan, when you asked if we could talk and see where it leads, i saw the true YOU And that's who i wanna be with but if you're going to have this filter and joke and basically bully other people.. then i think we should end whatever this is." I point between me and him.

...