Chapter 8

Jamal's POV

My back landed on the bed as Tolani straddled me, then pressed her lips to mine hastily, her hands running into my shirt and her fingers tracing my abs. We were in her room, on her birthday. Her party was downstairs yet she dragged me up here. I wasn't feeling it. I wasn't feeling any of this. My eyes went huge when her hand went to my belt buckle.

"Tolani, we need to stop." I placed my hand on her hips, trying to push her away. She whined and didn't stop. She pressed her lips against mine to silence me.

I have to stop this.

"Tolani!" My voice rose and she stopped and got off me, hissing.

"Why are you like this? It's my party so you shouldn't even be doing this." Tolani snapped at me.

"Exactly, it's your party and you are the host. You should go and meet your guest." I stood up and straightened my already rumpled shirt. She looked at me like I have grown two heads.

"Are you being serious right now? Why am I even bothering sef?" She hissed again, got off the bed and walked out of the room in annoyance. I sighed and went to the bathroom.

I looked at myself in the mirror after splashing my face with cold water and heaved a sigh. The relationship between Tolani and I was a walking time bomb waiting to explode and somehow, I had no control over it. It was like she had a hold over me and no matter how much I tried to pull away, she found a way to pull me back.

I need to end this as fast as I can.

I dabbed my face with the towel and went out of the room. The music was loud and booming but it was also giving me headache, so I resolved to stay at the edge of the stairs to watch. My phone chimed in my pocket and I brought it out. There was a text from Skye.

Twinnie ❤️
The girls and I arrived a while ago. Where are you?

She and the girls? Was Elyon also here?

I went down the stairs to get a drink and found Somadina putting cups on a tray.

"Somadina." I called and he looked at me.

"There you are. You just ghosted us when you got here." He said, filling the cups with different drinks.

"You know it's not my fault..." I started but he scoffed, stopping me.

"Of course it isn't. It's your 'girlfriends' party so..." He air quoted the word girlfriend.

"She's not my girlfriend and you know that, Somadina." I said and he shrugged.

"Coulda fooled me with a the escapades. I mean I kinda caught her giving you head in the lavatory two days ago." He looked at me with a raised eyebrow and I groaned.

"You know it's more complicated than that." I told him and he shrugged again.

"Of course it's complicated but you are still with her even when it's toxic for you." He looked at me. I couldn't talk because he was right. The 'relationship' is toxic for me. His expression switched to concern.

"Jamal, I understand that you feel she's entitled to have this hold over you but she's not. She's draining you. Look, here is the last place to talk about this but I need you to know that you need to stop this situationship before it's too late." Somadina said, picked up his tray and began to walk.

"Soma..." I caller and he turned around with a smirk on his lips.

"She's around, just in case you wanted to ask me. Don't worry, I won't tell her I saw you" He said and I smiled at him before he walked away.