Over Time

Narrative: Since the very beginning, it has always been Peter and Michelle. Always.

This is a timeline of their story:

__________________

5 years old

Kindergarten is always considered the prime time of school years. There were no responsibilities, or kids being held of consequences. Where the only real subjects to learn were English, Art, and Music; along with the occasional easy Math. And most of class was occupied of dance parties, and snacks, and nap time. It was a time where everyone was happy. Well, all except for one.

In the back of the class, by the corner, sat one Peter Parker all alone on his table. His head laying on top of his folded hands, and his eyes bleary from the tears. Not but a few days ago, he had learned that his parents were gone. Part of him wished his uncle and aunt were joking, and that what they really meant is that their vacation would be a little longer than planned.

But May and Ben always hated lying to him. And once Peter realized that was the truth—that there'll be no more of his mom's annoying but sweet kisses or his dad teaching him things that might be valuable in the future—he couldn't stop crying.

He then heard footsteps approaching him. So he sniffed as hard as he could to clear the running snot from his nose, and wiped the tears on the sleeves of his shirt. His curly brown hair almost covering parts of his eyes. He turned up to see his teacher staring sympathetically at him.

"Peter, what are you doing still inside? You should go play out there with the other kids," she pointed to the open door of the classroom that lead to the playground. From where he sat, Peter could see the all the other kids running around; playing and having fun. As much as he wanted that, he just couldn't. The world was too unfair to him. So he shook his head, "I'd like to stay here."

Mrs. Williams was a very understanding lady. She nodded her head then walked away, but not before asking, "Well do you want anything to do at least? Something to distract you?" Peter looked around. He was getting tiresome, feeling as if he was running out of tears. Peter looked at the table in front of him to see an unopened box of crayons. "Maybe something to color," he requested timidly.

She handed him one of the coloring books from her shelves then went to supervise the other children.

Peter small hands pried the book open to a ready page. The drawing was one of two birds circling each other as they soared through the sky. For him, it was a bit ironic considering that's how his parents died: airborne. He sighed, grabbing one of the crayons from the box and started coloring. Though not but a few seconds later, the crayon snapped in his hand. He didn't realize the tight grip he had on it.

The boy looked down in shock and even more sadness. Then he heard something from out the door. "Look at Peanut Parker, crying all by himself," one of the older kids teased.

"Pathetic!"

"Nerd!"

"Crybaby!"

He heard some other kids say. His body fell even more slump when he heard Flash Thompson say, "Now, he doesn't have parents either. What a loser." The others laughed. "PETER THE LOSER," they chanted ongoing, moving away from their spot out the entrance.