𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER THIRTEEN | KLAUS

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

YELLING FOR ELENA WAS NOT THE FIRST THING KLARA WANTED TO HEAR WHEN SHE WOKE UP IN THE MORNING. She slipped on a pair of leggings and jumper and then hurried herself down the staircase to see Damon in the arms of Andie, while Stefan had his phone to his ear. She presumed he was calling his girlfriend who was apparently missing.

"Damon, can I just tell you how disgusting this display of affection is." Klara tilted her head with a fake smile. "Especially this early in the morning."

"Klara, can I tell you just how little I care." Damon pouted toward the girl before he set his sights on Andie again. "Hey, how's the shoulder? Do you have time for a bite? I'm so hungry."

Andie sighed. "Oh, it's really messy. Can you just use a blood bag today? I'm already late for work."

Stefan removed his phone from his ear with a light sigh and turned to Andie and Damon, who were kissing in the middle of the hall. "What are you doing? She's not a wind-up toy."

"It's really none of your business, is it, Stefan?" 

"Yeah. What she said." Damon smirked once he saw Stefan walk off downstairs into the basement where they had been keeping Elijah's body daggered. Once Andie had left, he turned his eyes to Klara who was scowling toward him. "Oh, are you jealous?"

"Shut up, Damon." Klara groaned as she walked down the staircase with her arms folded across his chest.

"Damon, Klara!" Stefan yelled out from the basement. Both Damon and Klara looked at each other before they rushed down the staircase to see the basement cell door was open and Elijah was nowhere to be seen. "Oh, you have got to be kidding me."

"What the hell is she playing at?" Damon asked in an irritated tone as the three hurried back up the staircase and into the parlor. He walked straight over to the liquor and poured himself a glass while Klara tried to call Elena once more.

"Klara." Elena's voice echoed through the speakerphone as Klara laid her phone on the table in front of her. "Before you ask, I'm fine."

Klara took a breath and looked up to the Salvatores who were both listening intently. "Where's Elijah?"

"He's right here."

"Where?" Stefan immediately called out, making it known to Elena that he could also hear the conversation. "I'm on my way."

"No. Stefan, Elijah and I need some time alone." Elena paused for a moment before she began to speak again. "You don't need to worry. Elijah is a noble man. He lives by a code of honor, I can trust him. He knows that I'd be incredibly stupid to betray him again. By removing the dagger, I have proven myself."