𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER FOURTEEN | THE LAST DAY 

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

KLARA, ELENA, STEFAN AND ELIJAH WERE ALL SITUATED IN THE PARLOR. They were going over the plan of action against Klaus, while Damon remained obstinate. The eldest Salvatore refused to believe that Elijah was really on their side, and Klara didn't blame him. It was a huge leap to believe that Elijah— who they now knew to be Klaus' brother— was going to assist them without hesitation.

"Tonight is the full moon," Elijah stated. "We should assume that Klaus is prepared to break the curse."

Stefan shifted a little in his seat before he took a breath. "Elena said that the sun and the moon curse is fake? That it's actually just a curse placed on Klaus."

"Klaus is a vampire born of a werewolf bloodline. The curse has kept his werewolf aspect from manifesting. But if he breaks it... he'll be a true Hybrid." 

All eyes moved to Damon who walked in with a slightly less irritated look on his face. "Then why are we letting him break the curse? We can kill him today." The eldest Salvatore's eyes flickered between Klara and Elena. "With Bonnie."

"Damon, no." Klara lifted her hand in the air to stop him from saying another word. Elena shook her head. "Bonnie will kill herself in the process. Absolutely not. Unless you want me to slap you, again."

"It's tempting." Damon wriggled his eyebrows with a smirk. "I'll write her a great eulogy."

Elena's face remained stern. "It's not an option, Damon."

"Alright, how do we break this curse?"

Elijah straightened himself up once the conversation turned back to the curse. "Well, the ritual itself is relatively straightforward. The ingredients, so to speak, you already know."

Stefan nodded. "The moonstone."

"A witch will channel the power of the full moon to release the spell that's bound within the stone. After that, Klaus, being both werewolf and vampire, will sacrifice one of each." Once Elijah explained the extent of the ritual, he heard Klara's breath hitch in her throat.

Elena furrowed her brows. She didn't quite understand what her part was within the sacrifice. "And where do I fit into it?" She asked.

"The final part of the ritual." The Original vampire moved toward the shelf and grabbed a wooden box. "Klaus must drink the blood of the doppelganger... to the point of your death." He noticed the shocked looks on everyone's faces until he pulled a jar from the box. "This is an elixir that I acquired some five-hundred-years ago for Katerina. It possesses mystical properties of resuscitation."

"Wait." Klara raised a skeptical eyebrow toward Elijah. "This plan solely depends on Elena's death? She'll be dead."

"And then she won't be." Elijah simply responded.