Love heals all wounds

PoV. Gaara (young)

Like every evening I stood on the roof of my house, watching the other children playing with each other.
"oh I wish I could play with them", I thought to myself, "but they're always running away from me crying.
It made me sad.
All I wanted was to play with them and be acknowledged.

It hurts on my chest...

My heart is aching...

I think it's broken...

Yashamaru told me there's an ointment, called 'love'.
I don't really know how to get love and if someone really loves me.
If someone loved me, he or she would ask me to play with him or her...
Right?

So... I think nobody loves me.

I will be alone for forever.

And that makes my heart aching.

5 years later

PoV. Lee

"If I can't do 5000 sit-ups I'll do 8000 push-ups" I said to myself as I arrived at the training grounds.
Neji and TenTen weren't here yet, so I thought they might be still asleep.
I mean... It's 5 in the morning.
But that can't stop me from my training.

I just begun my sit-ups as Hinata rushed in and sayed :

"Lee. Tsunade-Sama called for you. She want's you to go on a solo mission to sunagakure."

A solo mission in Suna?

"Okay, thanks Hinata" I sayed as I ran to the hokage office.

I knocked, waited for an answer and stepped in.

"You called me, Tsunade-Sama?"

"Yes, I did. Rock Lee, you're going on a solo mission to sunagakure. You have to bring this scroll to the kazekage. It's very important and no one else than the kazekage are allowed to read it. That's why I can't send it by pigeon. It's too dangerous, that someone would catch it. And you're fast and strong and I trust you. Can I leave it on you?", she asked.

"Leave it to me. You can always count on me!", I saluted, stepped out and got to my apartment to pack my things.

I am so glad that I can see gaara again.
I fell for him, he was just perfect.

Timeskip (Lee is in sunagakure)

Soon I am going to see Gaara.
I've got butterflies in my stomach as I thought of it.

I brought the scroll to the kazekage and he said, I am going to stay in gaaras apartment for the month. (don't ask why)

Omg, are you kidding me?

I was sooo flustered.

Gaara came to pick me up and I greeted him with a tight hug.

He slowly hugged back, awkwardly.
Did I do something wrong?

"Hey Gaara, it's nice to see you again."

"Y-yeah... I-it's nice to to see you ag-again too. Hehe", he stuttered.

His cheeks were red.

How cute.

We went home.

Gaaras PoV.

When Lee hugged me, it felt like there were 1000 butterflies in my stomach.
It was a great feeling, what was it?
I wanna know.
I awkwardly hugged back and it felt even better.
We went home and I decided to ask Lee about that strange feeling.
We sat on my couch as we arrived.
Now it's the right time.
"L-lee?", I stuttered.
"Hm? What is it, Gaara-kun?", he responded.
"I-I've got a question.... I had a strange feeling.... When someone hugged me.... It was like 1000 butterflies were flying in my stomach. When the person touched me, that part of my body began to tingle and I felt.... Kinda good. I wanted to know what that is? Maybe you know?"