Chapter 10

Jamal's POV

I cleared my throat and immediately they came apart, with Tolani awkwardly falling off the ceramic basin, her panties still hanging around her ankle. I would have laughed at the sight but this was a serious issue. She quickly wore her panties, looking quite embarrassed.

I looked at the guy. He was familiar. He was an SS1 guy and he was the same guy Tolani was grinding at the party. Now it all made sense. I was glaring at him and he cowered under my stare. Yes, I commanded that much power.

"Se... Senior Jamal..." His words came out in a stutter.

"Get out." I ordered calmly and her practically ran out of the lavatory and I was left alone with Tolani. She was looking at me, biting the side of her lips, give off a lax expression. I chuckled humourless attitude.

"You know, I'm not exactly surprised I saw that." I stated and she frowned.

"Ohhh. So that's what you'll say." She snapped.

"What do you expect me to say? That's I'm angry?" I asked her folding my hands.

"Are you not supposed to be?" She asked, confusion written all over her face and I just had to laugh.

"Tolani, I'm not angry. I'm more confused as per, why did you do this? I don't understand" I shrugged. She scoffed.

"Isn't it obvious enough or I need to spell it out to you? You have been really annoying this past week and really neglecting. You left me on my birthday!" She snapped.

"Is that what this is about? The fact that I had to help a friend?" I asked her, getting even more confused.

"The fact that you chose her over me! I've seen the way you look at her, don't even dare deny it. I've seen the way you follow her every move. You don't look at her like a friend." She replied and I sighed.

"Don't pin this on Elyon, Tolani because this isn't only about her. It's about us. It's about the fact that I'm not giving you what you want." I told her

"Yes!!! I cannot keep living up to your expectations!!" She growled and that got me pissed.

"You cannot keep living up to my expectations? Tolani, that statement is down right selfish because I've been living up to your expectations for the last two years and just once, I'm asking you to compromise for me but you can't. Instead you are cheating." I snapped.

"I won't call it cheating because we are not exactly dating." She was doing it again.

"Wow!" I muttered

Okay, that's it. I'm done.

"You know what, fuck this. You are right, you don't owe me shit because we are not dating. But from now on, I'm severing every form of relationship we have." I concluded and turned around.

"Are you breaking up with me?" She screamed. I turned around and shrugged.

"I won't call it breaking up... because we are not dating." I used her words against her abs she gasped.

"Tolani, I cannot keep up with your toxic bullshit. It's chocking me and I have to run for my life before it kills me." I opened the door and walked out of the lavatory, feeling free.

For your mind now you don drop punch line bah? My subconscious mocked me and I found myself chuckling at the thought.

*****

It's been days since I ended whatever was between Tolani and I. The news spread like wild fire in school. I was a bit bothered because I hated the attention anyway and the rumours going round about Tolani was brutal.