zéro

➷ epigraph

❝ in vino veritas  ❞

in wine remains the truth.

teaser

"Drunk words are sober thoughts."

She pointed out, and her hammering heart matched my own.

"But what about actions?", she wondered in a low voice, as if she didn't mean for me to hear her.

I answered anyways.

"They're something we want more than anything, sober dreams, if it makes sense."

She nodded and my eyes wandered to her lips, wishing I was drunk enough at the moment.

Especially after all we'd gone through, it had been on my fucking mind since forever.

If only she knew.

➷ summary

Cleo didn't really write for the sake of writing.
She wrote because she knew she deserved to be heard.

Clyde has been infatuated with Cleo for as long as he can remember, whether it was the way she rambled about a fight scene in a book or discussed plot holes in movies or the way she sang randomly or burnt every meal she attempted to cook; he knew he had it bad for her.

If only he wasn't such a lightweight.

playlist

The songs are in no particular order

Like to be you
| Shawn Mendes & Julia Micheals

Hey DJ
|CNCO & Sean Paul& Meghan Trainor

Feel Bad
|Katelyn Tarver

Let It Go
|Hailee Steinfeld (cover)

Memories
|Maroon 5

Dance Monkey
|Tones and I

Rock Me
|One Direction

Little things
|One Direction

Conversations
|John Legend

Colder
|Nina Nesbitt

There's no way
|Lauv& Julia Micheals

Let me love you
|Justin Bieber &DJ Snake

Insomnia
|Daya

copyright

This story belongs to lingeringtouch aka Claudia.

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, paraphrasing, copy/pasting, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the publisher, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law.

This book is a complete work of fiction; names, characters, places, and incidents are either products of the author's imagination or used fictitiously.

Any resemblance to actual events, locals, or persons (living or dead) is entirely coincidental.

Copyright © 2020 by lingeringtouch aka Claudia