Chapter 1 (Lance)

"No, Lance." Seemed to be the answer every time. Every time Lance asked to go outside and explore the streets of Altea. Every time Lance asked to go hang out with his only two friends, Hunk and Pidge. And even when Lance asked to go outside in the late evening hours when no one would even see him.

It had been like this for all of his life. Lance was the youngest in his family and born in a small village clinic. His mother's labor was a very difficult one and when Lance was born the doctor immediately knew why. Lance was a tiny little omega baby. The doctor promised his parents that the delivery would be kept a secret, so long as his parents kept him safe and hidden away from prying eyes. Omegas were extremely rare and valuable in Altea and were supposed to register in the castle. The omegas would then be sold off to the highest bidder. It was known that omegas had a high chance of producing children, so many people just treated them as baby makers.

Lances parents didn't want this for their son so they kept him hidden away in their small town home. Lance would never want to be registered, but he also despised sitting home alone all day. Even when staying at home they had him apply scent blockers and take his suppressant pills, to keep the omega side of him tamed. Lance always asked if he could go out, after all, no one could tell he was an omega. His parent always told him a firm no and his older alpha and beta siblings agreed. Lance would be kept a secret so that he could be kept safe.

All the people who knew the McClain's never knew about their last omega son, and his parents intended to keep it that way.

So Lance lives his life in boring solitude, only blessed by the company of his family and two friends he had met once when his parents brought them into the house for a favor. He mostly did chores all day while reading and finding different games to entertain himself with. Lance couldn't be mad at his parents, for he knew they loved him dearly, however he was just frustrated with the situation.

Although he wouldn't be registered, Lance always did dream of meeting his mate. A strong handsome man to sweep him off his feet. Lance knew he wouldn't get to meet one, as long as his parents had their way, but that didn't stop him from dreaming of all the possibilities. Lance knew he would find a way to escape someday and when he did, he would have the greatest adventure.