Intern(al) desire

Harrison>>

In a dark office on the 27th floor of a Seattle skyscraper a red headed man sat- wallowing in his despair. Carson Jefferson was no sap but this hangover was shooting through his head like an elephant through the Savannah. He groaned-resting his head in his hands and rubbing his dewy face. How could Felix do this to him? Carson gave 6 years of his life to Felix and what does he do? Dump him for some body builder? Unbelievable.

"Carson" A young woman eased into the office, "C'mon Carson- drink some coffee and lift your head up" she soothed, her hand reaching for his head.

"Not!" Carson hissed and slammed his fist on the table -regretting it instantly, "right now" he whines, lowering his head into his hands again.

The woman huffed, putting her hands on her hips pulling the blind open quickly. Carson let out a hiss and curled over. The light was debilitating to him and he whimpered like a frightened kitten.

"Yes right now" The woman said, "Your new intern is here and you WILL meet with him. I conducted tons of interviews to get the type you wanted" she relaxed and smiled, "Mr. Sterling will be in shortly.

"It's a guy?" Carson asked weakly.

"Yes, so shape up Carson" The woman placed a venti cup of coffee on his dark oak desk and strode out of the room.

"Thank you Kate!" Carson called after his oh-so-helpful assistant.

Carson put his head up, blinking rapidly to get used to the sunlight. He stood up on shaky legs and grabbed ahold of the hot coffee. He took a long swig and smacked his lips at the bitter taste but he already felt slightly more alive. He walked over to the closet in his office and pulled the door open. He looked at himself in the mirror hung on the back of the door and sighed.

He truly looked like the wreck he was. His hair was pointing in all directions and his eyes sunk deep in his head, not to mention his skin was paler than skin should ever be. He was used to being very white since he was Irish but this kind of planes scared the daylight out of him. He didn't want to meet this new intern but it was his job and no matter how much he acted like a moody teenage boy- he still had to do it.

So he pushed his sweaty fingers though his hair and smoothed it out. He straightened his clothes and tried his best to look lively. The coffee helped. A lot. I should give Kate a raise, he thought, she always gets the job done.

A strong knock on the door made Carson jump slightly-almost spilling coffee on his crisp white button up. He chuckled to himself and shook his head. How much more pathetic could he get? He closed his closet door and walked over to his desk, straightening his papers and tapping his laptop on.

"Come in" he called and the door opened slowly.

A man Carson's height (5'10") walked in and smiled politely. He was a lightly blond with freckled and tanned skin. He wore a slightly wrinkled cotton button up and dark blue trousers. His feet were clad with a chestnut colored farm boot. Carson cocked his brow in surprise. This was his new intern? The boy looked like he was fresh off the farm.

"Sterling?" Carson asked-unable to stop the shock in his voice.

"Harrison, Harris or Harry is fine as well" the man said- a thick country drawl heating Carson's spine.

Carson reached out his hand and they participated in a frim shake. Carson ushered him to sit down in the dark brown leather chair across from Carson's desk.

"Would you like any coffee or water?" Carson asked as he shifted into his chair and pulled up Kates E-mail about Harrison Sterling.

"No thank you sir" Harrison nodded and crossed his leg over his knee.

Carson took the moment to observe the boy- he was young and pretty. His biceps bulged in the short and his cracked hands laid heavily on the ankle resting on his knee. He was a country bumpkin and Carson wasn't too pleased with it. When he had told Kate to hire him an intern he was sure he'd specified female- so there would be no issues with attraction within the office but he either forgot or Kate was playing one of her games with his life again.

"Tell me about yourself" Carson sipped on his coffee and opened a word document to record whatever Harrison said.

"My name is Harrison Sterling, sir" Harrison nodded, "I just turned 25 and I am from Bridgewater Kanas" Harris snickered at his town name, "honestly sir you could say I am a stereotypical country boy. I was raised on the farm with two older brothers and a baby sister. I went to church every Sunday and planted crops after school. The only difference is I graduated with my master's degree in international finance from Princeton."

"Princeton?" Carson looked at Harris and Harrison brown into a wide grin.

"Yes sir, somehow I managed to convince them to give this bale of hay a full ride"

"I'm impressed" Carson admitted, leaving his laptop alone and leaning to his left, getting a better feel for his intern, "Well you are completely qualified and seem respectable and polite- that will come in hand when dealing with clients and officer of other countries"

"Raised the good ol American way" Harris nodded.

"This job will be a lot of late night Harrison- I tend to work until Kate tells me to go home- sometimes I sleep here" Carson admitted but Harrisons face didn't falter, "we travel all over the world always have a go bag here. We filed-make deal- and occasionally ruin people lives, okay with that?"

"I came to the city because I raised a little too much hell in Bridgewater" Harris smiled, "I will be ready for anything sir"

"It's just Carson" Carson waved his hand-dismissing the politeness, "I might be your boss but we are going to be spending hours on end with each other- so just Carson is fine"

"Very well Carson"

"There is just one more thing I need you to be alright with" Carson eyed his new subordinate and leaned his chin on the back of his hand.

"I came prepared for anything"

"I'm gay"