Sprout.

I wake up, shower, brush my teeth, get ready for school, work, sleep and let the cycle repeat, everyday my life follows the same routine and a perfect one nonetheless, my recipe for success.

Today mark's my first day back at school, during spring break one could say I "matured" but nonetheless my mindset is still the same. No distractions.

As I walk down the halls I'm reminded of what high school truly is, a breeding patch for std's, but also the breeding patch of some of the best memories I will ever form. That's what it's about, right?

First class: English

I sat in my usual seat next to my best friend Alice, she's a popular and outgoing girl at first glance but get to know her and she's so much more, an effortlessly good student, generous and an overall humble person. Perfect.

"Hi Flor!" she said enthusiastically, she looked me up and down
"Someone's all grown up"
"Oh my gosh shut up" I responded in embarrassment.

As the teacher checked attendance I gazed out the window looking at the school yards, the grounds were littered in the beautiful pink petals from the peach trees outside, prunus persica to be specific.

As I stared aimlessly at the petals I noticed an unfamiliar figure walking across the garden, it is a big school but I don't recall ever seeing this person. For a moment we made eye contact and for the first time ever I think I can say my heart fluttered, he had the most beautiful dark eyes and silky smooth black hair, for the rest of the class I couldn't stop thinking about him, who was he?

Second class: Math

I walked to my maths class, my brain still fixated on this handsome stranger, who was he?
I sat on my own at the very back of the class right next to the window.

"Good morning class"
"Good morning Mrs Cori" we collectively responded.
"Today we have a new student joining us, could you please introduce yourself"

"Hi umm... I'm Changkyun I'm from Korea and I like to listen to music" the boy responded,
"Well nice to meet you Changkyun, you can take that seat right next to Flor"

I looked up at the sound of my name, he smirked at me and made his way towards my table, he sat next to me pushing his chair closer to mine.

"Hey Flor." He smirked
"H-hi"

Flor means flower in Spanish funny enough neither of my parents are Spanish I'm Nigerian, but when my mom was pregnant with me she'd grown an obsession with gardening whereas my dad wanted to learn Spanish to broaden his knowledge on other cultures, and just like that they named me Flor, not short for Florence just Flor.