Practice #51520: Safety Deposit Box

Practice: Confession; Safety Deposit Box
No edits allowed

New suit... going to propose.

Needs to get something from this place he is rushing to in his expensive red car.
Tall, tattered black hair, shines like a glossy Ravens feathers.
Will walks in to a bank.
He is escorted in to the back to where the safetyboxes.
The bank manager places his key in its slot names "staff".
Will steps next to him and places his key in the "member" slot.

Manager says ...
"One, two, three, and turn."

They turn the keys at the same time. From behind a digital lock clicks. Setting free a box from the steel brushed wall. The box that pops free, is grabbed by the manager and set on the table in the middle of the room.

"Let me know when you're done."

Its always seems to be in a different box, they must change them around for security reasons. He pulls out a second key to unlock the top of the reinforced steel box. The lid is thick and heavy, he has to forces it to slide back. Revealing a blackened leather cloth. Will lifts the mini chest size object and places it on the steel table. He uses both hands index and thumbs to unveil a plain looking chest.

Will bleakly stares down at his inheritance. He wonders why it couldnt have been a Bugatti; instead of a Teakwood jewel box. Its creator stained it the color of Rosewood, which is way to feminate to have in his home, so keeping it here and its contents secure is the better option.

Will flips the 14k latch to opens the lid. The top layer's of compartments are empty. He removes it to a second layer which is also empty. The third layer and forth layer are combined in a secret compartment.

Will pushes on two wooden blocks to release the locking mechanism and slides the panel forward then pulls it up, pushes it back, then to the left. Till it titters at the edge. Will definitely thinks It strange how these two boxes have so much in common. Haven't science progressed to the point to make these kinda things obsolete.
"Guess not."

The inside of the jewelbox is a vibrant red silk linen that looks as if it was flowing like water. He'd never admit it to anyone but this cover catches his breath every time.

When his grandmother told him of his gift, he couldnt understand what she meant, now he wishes he had paid her words more attention.

Will moves the silk that flows like melted butter. To reveal a grey wrinkled Hand.
The fingernails were yellowed with brown spots.The cut at the wrist is jagged like it was sawed it off with a dull butter knife. Then some one had to have preserved it, because of the lack of blood; he guessed that it was wrinkled from dehydration, or some sort of embalmment.

"Seriously, do you need to think of this nasty shit every time you come down here?"
"But there isn't any blood. That means they..."

Will won't say it, not that he would say it out loud; he might offend,
" You Know Who."

His brain fight back the fear and says
"She isn't Voldemort."

He here to do what he must, but he wonders how long it been in this box, he wasn't the one who put it in there.
"That is sick."

Because the truth is; in actuality it was his mother who had placed the severed hand in here. A modified hand in the safety deposit box. So he could reap his inheritance.

Great grandmother is said to be weaRing a magical Ring. Mother told him it could only be removed from her hand and given to the girl he will Marry.

Will has rushed there every time he think he's found the one.
Opening the jewel box and tugs. He has always failed to pull the Ring off.

He made himself a solid vow that if the Ring wouldn't come off, well then, when he fails, He has to dump the girl and move on to the next one. Its a simple strategy.