Chapter 3: Unexpected Reunion

"South East! Go South East! There has been a sighting of a powerful demon there!" Hagakure, your dove, hollered. You calmed her down, patting her delicate wings.

"Alright, alright! I'm already heading there anyway!" You chuckled to yourself as you walk along the dirt road. You had been given a few missions since not a lot were sighted around your estate. You decided to walk around a bit until you were given a mission.

"Ah! Y/N-chan! You're here, what a coincidence!" A voice behind you called out. You turned your head, smiling after seeing a familiar duo. Tanjiro and the blond boy you encouraged at Final Selection. You waved at them with enthusiasm.

"Hello Tanjiro-san! Are you perhaps heading South-East?" You asked the approaching male. "Ah yes! How'd you know Y/N-chan?" He was slightly tugged to the side as the blond boy tilted his head to look at you.

"Ah, it's you from Final Selection! I never really got your name, I'm Kawasaki Y/N!" You walked beside the two, heading towards the same direction together.

"A-agatsuma Zenitsu. Y/N-senpai, I'm thankful you're coming with us or I would definitely die today." Zenitsu shivered while finishing up his food. You giggled and put a reassuring hand on his shoulder.

"Don't worry! I'll make sure to protect you when I can!" Zenitsu smiled, looking in front of him. "Tanjiro-kun is lucky to have a girlfriend like you." He said casually.

You all stop, you and Tanjiro's face both burning red with embarrassment. Zenitsu looked at you, confused. He searched for answers but gave up when he didn't find anything from your reaction.

You finally spoke. "Z-zenitsu-san, me and Tanjiro are only friends." You mustered out, rubbing your nape. Zenitsu looked at you with a deadpan expression before jumping up in the air, smoke puffing out of his ears.

"WHY DIDN'T YOU MENTION YOU WERE SINGLE? Y/N-CHAN, PLEASE MARRY ME!!!" He bursted and held your hands in his. "YOU'RE SO BEAUTIFUL AND KIND THAT I REALLY BELIEVED YOU AND TANJIRO WERE TOGETHER. PLEASE MARRY ME INSTEAD!" You stuttered, still blushing at this sudden proposal.

Before anyone could respond, Tanjiro's crow urged them to hurry as things as getting critical. You all hurried to the location, not wanting to waste any more time.

=============================

You all stood in front of a building. You sensed souls nearby as you followed the trail as the boys observe the house. You ended up finding two children, frightened as they clung to each other.

You stood in front of them as they stared at you in fear. You looked at them in sympathy, crouching in front of them as you smiled gently at them.

"Don't worry, we're here to protect you," You patted the girl's head, her brother tensing up. You did the same to the brother, giving them a reassuring smile. They immediately gave in to your embrace, you pat their backs and soon pulled away. "There's nothing to worry about, we're here so everything will be fine!"

Zenitsu and Tanjiro looked at you in awe, surprised at how easily you calmed them down and the loving warmth emitting from you.

Tanjiro walked over to them, showing them Zenitsu's cute sparrow which calmed them down a bit. They then explained how their brother was captured and they followed his blood trail here.