𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER FIFTEEN | THE SUN ALSO RISES

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

ONCE ELENA WAS TAKEN, THEY KNEW THEY DIDN'T HAVE LONG. Elijah led Stefan, Klara, and Alaric toward the old witch house where they were supposed to be meeting with Bonnie and Jeremy who had spent their time at the house trying to find a way to save Elena. They had not heard back from Damon, who said he would handle things; so they had to continue alone.

"The sacrifice is completed in stages as the full moon sets. First, the werewolf is killed, then the vampire. Finally, the doppelganger. Once Elena dies, the curse will be broken. Klaus will become Hybrid." Elijah explained to the group as they headed toward the house.

"So, when do we attack?" Alaric asked with a duffle bag of weapons over his shoulder. 

Upon hearing the question, Elijah stopped walking and turned to face Stefan, Klara, and Alaric. "Elena's death will activate his dormant werewolf side. He'll be vulnerable during the transformation. That's when Bonnie comes in." 

Klara raised an eyebrow. "Okay. But, are you positive that Bonnie will survive this? Because I swear if she dies—"

"—If she can deliver him to the brink of death, I'll finish the job myself," Elijah responded. He admired Klara's confidence, despite she was only human.

Stefan took a step away from the group when his phone began to ring. "Damon." He breathed and stepped out of view so that Klara and Alaric were unable to hear his conversation. "Cut the chase, is the sacrifice happening or not?" Stefan sighed. "We're sticking with the original plan we're meeting Bonnie right now."

"Stefan, what's happening?" Klara asked once Stefan turned around to face Klara and Alaric. His face had turned white as a sheet. They knew something had happened. "What's wrong?"

"Oh, my God." Stefan breathed once more and then dropped his phone from his ear. "Klaus took Jenna. He's going to use her as the vampire in the ritual." Stefan revealed and suddenly Alaric stumbled backward in shock.

"No..." The human trailed off in horror. "I need to—I need to go speak to Jeremy."

"This cannot be happening," Klara stated coldly once Alaric had walked into the house to see the youngest Gilbert. "What the hell did he take Jenna?"

"That's what I wanna know, too." Bonnie walked out of the house, almost furious at new-found information that she had just learned.

"A punishment for meddling." Elijah simply stated. He knew his brother best of all, and he knew how Klaus behaved. It was a simple retaliation for trying to spoil his plans.

"Bon, Klaus had Caroline and Tyler, he was going to use him in the ritual," Klara explained. "But, Damon saved them."

"Then we need to go. Now. Before Jenna's been sacrificed." Bonnie's eyes darted between the three that stood in front of her with so much confidence." I can kill Klaus myself."