𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER SIXTEEN | AS I LAY DYING

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

EVERYTHING FELT DIFFERENT INSIDE OF HER, BUT SHE KNEW THAT IT WOULD. Klara couldn't describe the feeling of vampirism. She felt disconnected from the world, and no longer bound by time but she also felt stronger— a lot stronger. She knew that she now had the ability to protect herself in ways that she never thought possible. She didn't feel afraid anymore.

"You fed." Damon's voice boomed from the bedroom door. He noticed an empty blood bag at her bedside table and her eyes flickered from the bag, up to him. Then he noticed the daylight ring on her finger, presumably made by Bonnie. "And you've already got a ring. Wow."

"I won't be much use to anyone dead, will I?" Klara shrugged as she heard a small chuckle from Damon's lips. "Stefan told me that you got bit by Tyler. Damon, why didn't you tell me?"

"Because you should hate me, Klara. Like you said, I'm the reason that you're like this. If I wasn't being so stupid, then you'd be alive right now. A human." Damon stepped into her bedroom and noticed the look on her face. "I just wanted to tell you that I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I did this to you. You're my friend, and I'm sorry. I just need to know that you forgive me because I don't think I could handle anyone else hating me."

Klara did forgive him. As screwed up as the logic was, it wasn't Damon that killed her— it was Klaus. "You're forgiven, Damon." Klara nodded slowly as a small smile of relief moved across his face. 

"Great," Damon mumbled quietly. "That's— That's what I needed to hear right now. I just needed to know that someone forgave me." The Salvatore kept talking under his breath which alarmed Klara. She knew that the effects of the werewolf bite might have been taking a toll on him. But, before she knew it, Damon tossed his daylight ring to the ground and sped in front of her window. "Ahh!" He screamed as the sunlight began to scorch his skin.

Klara sped forwards and pinned him against the wall, out of the sunlight. "Are you stupid?! You'll kill yourself, you idiot!"

"That's the whole point, Klara." Damon bitterly yelled back as he broke free from her hold and jumped back into the sunlight. "I'd rather burn alive than end up like Rose."

"Damon!" Stefan sped in the bedroom and threw Damon across the room. The Salvatore looked back at Klara who sighed in relief once she knew Damon was away from the light. "You're not doing this." The younger of the two Salvatore's grabbed the collar of Damon's shirt.

"Just did." Damon breathlessly smirked back. "You know what happened to Rose, Stefan." Irritation got the better of Stefan, and he was determined to save Damon not only from the bite but from himself, too. He sped Damon downstairs and into the basement cell, where Klara arrived and slammed the door shut.