Introduction

The sun lights up my one room apartment. I balance my foot on the table as I lace up my boots. Another day of burdens, but it must be done. I open the case on the table once I'm done. I glance up at the window as the sirens flow onto my street. The blue and red lights that accompany the sound dance back and forth on the buildings. My street is no longer mine twice a day. It becomes a routine. Sunrise, sirens. Sunset, sirens. They search the streets looking for an unknown killer.  

They call him the Villain Killer. I turn my attention back to the case on the table. I pull out the pistol my father gave me before his last trial. He was convicted of murdering 12 people. It doesn't take long to fill the magazine and slide it into my purse. My uniform hugs my body as the memory fills my mind. 

There was a knock on the door. I was in my room, windows open. Mothers footsteps echoed into down the hallway to my room. The door opened, louder then normal. The sun that had soaked me shifted into a cloudy mess. I went to close the window. A scream stopped my hands. Bloody murder was how the police described it after she had stopped. The police comforted her more then she asked for but what did she know? She was the wife of a murderer. They walked her to her room, not seeing me as they passed. Two men. One mother. She cried but she did not fight it. Father was a murderer. Mother was raped. Police were not on my side. I was only seven. 

The sirens get louder, snapping me back. I grab my keys and leave the memories behind. They would only spoil a good day.