Rain, neglect, and hugs.

Mike sat at his desk, tapping his foot on the floor, he was waiting for school to end. Veruca glared at him. "Could you stop doing that?! It's really annoying me." She growled. Mike groaned and stopped tapping his foot. Suddenly, the bell rang, mike jumped out of his seat and bolted out the door, he sat down on a planter, the rain soaking through his jeans.

A while later, the last kid went off with his mother, the car making a loud noise as it drove off. He then saw veruca, walking out of the building, she then slipped, and fell in a puddle. Mike burst out into hysterics. Veruca's bottom lip started to tremble. Her eyes welled up with tears, she began to cry. She stood up, and mike walked over to her. "That was really funny.." mike said, trying to hold in his laughter. "Hey, why are you crying? Did your daddy not get you another my little pony?" He smirked. "My Dad isn't even here!" She cried out. "My mom hasn't picked me up ever since second grade! And I still manage to get home!" He argued. "If you can get home by yourself...then why do you wait until everyone's gone?" The smaller girl asked. "Oh! Well...I uh...um.." mike stuttered, "I just...sometimes I want time away from home..." Veruca looked at him, and smiled. Veruca salt, the girl who despised him, smiled at him. "I get it...sometimes you just need to be alone to..do your own thing.." she then stopped smiling. "But..I don't know how I'm gonna get home.." Veruca was starting to panic. Her breathing got heavier. She started crying again. "Hey..it's okay.." mike said, not knowing why he was doing this. He wasn't even friends with her! "It's okay...I'll take you home.." he said, pulling her into a hug. Veruca was shocked, but she didn't back away. She blushed. "...the truth is...I really wanna be your friend,mike....I was just scared of what people would say..." she sobbed into his shoulder. "Me too..." he mumbled. Veruca smiled. "Hey mike? I think I wanna go home now." She said. "O-oh! Okay!" He said, backing out of the hug. Veruca told mike her address, and they walked out of the school gates. They walked in a comfortable silence, mike would make a joke every so often, and Veruca would always laugh. Suddenly, veruca stopped, and pulled mike into another hug. "You okay, V?" He asked. "Yeah...I just like hugging you..I don't know why..." mike giggled, and held her close. They stayed like that, Mike thought he saw something, but shrugged it off. They both eventually backed out of the hug, and mike took veruca home. They stood outside of her house. "Mike...thank you.." veruca smiled. Mike blushed. "I-I uh...you're welcome!" He giggled. "I'll see you tomorrow, veruca."
"See you, Mike." Veruca walked inside. Mike started giggling. He walked down the street with the biggest smile on his face, that was, until he arrived home. He tried to silently open the door, but his mum heard him. "MICHEAL TEAVEE!" She yelled.
A/N
Hey guys! This is my first time writing something like this! I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter!
~ethan💚