The Doll-Faced Demon

I walked silently through the woods, my younger brother at my side. He was ranting about how strong he had become, even though he's still 8 years old. He stopped and I looked down at him.

"What's wrong, Shinda?" I asked him and he looked up.

"I hear someone singing Pop! Goes the Weasel.. Maybe someone is out here!" He smiled, skipping off.

"Hey! Wait you can't just leave!" I said, running after him.

Soon enough though, I caught up with him. Shinda looked around and I started to hear the voice as well. The singing stopped and Shinda looked down.Hey, Sakuma! Look! There's a doll right there. Can I have it? Please~!" He begged, pointing at a small cat-like doll.

"No, Shinda. Someone might come back for it." I said, tugging his arm.

"But Sakuma!" He whined.

"No!"

I pulled him away from the doll and we headed home. Shinda was quiet the whole way back, not looking ahead. He stared back at where the doll was. I sighed as we finally reached the house, just outside of the woods.

'Just is time..' I looked up, seeing the sun about to set.

"Welcome home you two." Mom greeted, setting some bread and corn on the table.

She had already set our meat on our plates and was now putting the corn and bread on them.

"Go wash up so we can eat."

"Okay mom!"

We all finished eating and I pulled a sleepy Shinda to his room. I tucked him in and blew out the lantern next to his bed.

"Night Shinda.." I said yawning.

I went to bed and quickly fell asleep.
~×~
I woke up in the middle of the night, hearing footsteps walking through the hallway of our house. I felt my palms start to sweat. I grabbed the axe hanging on my wall and slowly walked out. I heard the door open and into the kitchen, where the door is. I looked around, not seeing anyone. I looked behind me. No one.

I walked down the hall to Mom's room and she was still asleep. I checked Shinda's room...

"Shinda! Shinda where are you!" I said, running through the house.

'What if someone took him! No no no!'

I ran out the door, gripping my axe. Mom looked out of her room sleepily, quickly following me to the door. I could hear Mom calling me from the house. I stood at the edge of the forest.

"Shinda!!" I screamed. I kept calling for him.

I looked down, seeing small footprints in the dirt. They looked small enough to be that of a child.

'Shinda!'

I ran, following the footsteps, only relying on the moonlight. I saw him, his small body hunched over something. I watched closely.

"Shinda...?" I mumbled.

He turned his head slowly. His eyes looked bloodshot and dead. He was petting the cat-like doll.

"I found the doll, Sakuma..Isn't she pretty..?" He said, his voice was light.

"Shinda.. Don't touch it! C'mon let's go home.." I said, reaching out for him.

"Sakuma... Can I please have the doll?" He said, his eyes slightly teary.

"Fine, but c'mon we have to go home. Mom is gonna be worried." I said.

Shinda smiled, picking up the doll. It's head stood up straight and it's deep, black eyes seemed to stare at me. It sent shivers up my spine.

"What are you.. Uh gonna name it?" I asked him.

"She said her name is Aisaka.." Shinda said, looking at the doll.

"What do you-... ah, alright.." I said, assuming he was using his imagination. "Uh... Let's head back home now then, Shinda." I said, turning around.

I heard Shinda's footsteps following behind me. He tugged on my shirt and we kept walking.

"Sakuma! Why did you- Shinda!" Mom said, her face looked pale and her cheeks were stained with tears.

"Sorry Momma.. I ran off and scared Sakuma! He had to come get me because I left... I didn't mean to make you cry!" Shinda said, his eyes looked teary.

"It's ok Shinda... I'm just happy you guys are ok.." Mom said, wiping her eyes. "Let's go back to bed.. Okay?" She said, paying no mind to the doll in Shinda's hands.

"Okay!" Shinda smiled, following Mom into the house.

I looked down, seeing stray cat hair.

'Wait... but I thought that was a...'

I shook my head.

'It probably just has fur on it so it looks more realistic.'

I walked back in the house, shutting the door and locking it behind me.

Mom tucked Shinda into bed. He set the cat-like doll on his night stand and Mom blew out his candle. She walked out and smiled at me before her face got a little serious.

"Where did Shinda get that doll?" She asked, looking back at it.

"We saw it in the woods on our way home for dinner. I told Shinda he should leave it there. But I think the reason he left is to get the doll. I'm not sure why but.. He was very attracted to it." I said, my hand twitched slightly.

'All around the Mulberry Bush..
The monkey chased the weasel...
The monkey stopped to pull up his sock...
Pop! ...goes the weasel...'

A loud screech echoed from Shinda's room after the song ended. I grabbed the axe and Mom burst through the door. Shinda's blood dripped off of the ceiling.. Covered his bed sheets.. His room was covered in blood..

Mom cried out, tears pouring down her face.

'H-How did that happen...'

I looked at his night stand. The cat-like doll was gone. Mom had fallen to the ground, sobbing into her hand.

"Sakuma what happened to him!" She wailed.

"Mom...We have to go.. Hurry! Come on mom please get up we have to go now!" I said, trying to pull her up.

I heard a growl from behind me. I turned, seeing the cat-like doll, no, the demon the killed my brother.

"Mom! Get up! Now!" I said, and she stood, looking back.

"Sakuma..." Mom wiped her face.

'All around the Mulberry Bush..
The monkey chased the weasel...
The monkey stopped to pull up his sock...
Pop! ...goes the weasel...'

I felt a warm liquid splash on my back. I turned, seeing Mom's corpse on the ground. My eyes widened in fear as I looked back at the demon.. It was gone.

I felt a voice whisper into my ear.

'All around the Mulberry Bush..
The monkey chased the weasel...
The monkey stopped to pull up his sock...
Pop! ...'

Everything went black...

_______________

1103 words :)

No there is no second part sorry :^

Hope ya liked it