Chapter 1

Rouge and I haven't talked since the last time we almost admitted our feelings for each other. I don't like Rouge. I...I just think of her as a really good friend.

I never thought of Rouge being in a relationship with me,but that would probably be horrible. We always fight and argue. She's a spy. I'm a warrior. Idk ....We just don't mix.

I was at the beach today,the Emerald was in my cooler,which I sat on. Today was the perfect condition for a good nap. So I laid my towel on the warm toasty sand,and laid down on it.

Away I slept with the warm toasty sun beaming on me.

I woke up,and it was dark. Very dark actually. The only being there was me, myself and I. Till I noticed a bat flying in the sky. Rouge.

The bat looked down at me and landed on the cooler,I didn't like that. Only cause the Emerald was inside.
"Hey Knucklehead. What are you doing out here alone,"
She shivered and hugged herself to keep warm.
"On this cold beachy night?"

I stood up, smiling at her. I picked up the towel an patted all the sand off, sitting beside her. I wrapped it around us.
"I was just enjoying the view."

She giggled and smiled lightly,"What a gentleman..."

I wrapped my arm around her shoulder, causing her to lean on my chest. She nuzzled her head into my chest fur and I chuckled.

This is weird, I've never been so nice to Rouge in my life...but why now?

Thought to myself as we watched the beautiful bright moon,light up the whole beach.
"So,um...what are you doing flying around?"

I looked at her as she watched the moon with a light smile. She was beautiful. Somewhat, prettier than the moon.
"I was going to Angel island,to see if you were awake."

She looked at me and sat up.
"I was bored at home with Shadow. And I thought how bored you may me...alone. on an island,all by yourself."

She set her hand on thigh, slightly rubbing it. I picked her hand up,and set it on her lap.
"I'm not alone. Because my thoughts keep me occupied."

She gave off another light smile,"What is in your mind that occupies you so much?"

I grabbed her head,using my hand on her cheek, pulling her closer.
"You of course."

We then leaned in, about to kiss, paradise. But before it happened,reality hit me.

It was a dream.

I woke up with people surrounding me,and sonic slapping me.
"Knuckles! Wake up!"

Before he slapped me,I grabbed his hand.
"Why?"

Sonic chuckled.
"Only cause your scaring everyone! Just lying here,we thought you were dying."

I rolled my eyes,I looked up at the clouds, imagining Rouge floating above. I closed my eyes and smile.
"Are you ok Knuckles?"

Sonic asked as everyone slowly walked away.
"Yeah...just thinking of Ro-"

I stopped myself,and he rose a eyebrow.
"Rouge eh?"

"No! Rubies."
I said embarrassed. I sat up and looked away.

Sonic chuckled and helped me up.
"Knuckles, you like her."
"No I don't"
"Yes you do"
"Do not"
"Do so!"

I stared at him in disbelief,and then patted the sand off my towel,just like I did in my dream. And folded it. I sat on my cooler.
"Ah- see,you do like her. You never said anything after I said,Do so."

I rolled my eyes and looked down. I felt like it was Wrong to fall in love with someone,only because it took away lots of your time to give to someone else.

Although,I just wasted time in my dream,to give my all to Rouge...