i. the aftermath

chapter 1 - the aftermath

➳ ➳

When Chancellor Jaha, along with the other members of the council, realized that the ark was running low on oxygen, they decided that attempting to rehabilitate the earth was the best option. Of course, certain precautions had to be taken into account, considering the risk of possible lingering radiation.

So, one hundred delinquents were chosen to be sent down to the planet to see if the ground was inhabitable. Their crimes had made every one of them "expendable", yet the truth was masked with the deception that this was their chance at a new life. A new start. And soon enough, they were even given the promising words that their criminal records would be cleared due to their "sacrifices".

The goal was for their drop ship to land on the site of an old military base called, Mount Weather. There, they would have access to shelter and unending resources like food and water. The only problem was that their ship happened to fall off course, and they landed miles away from the designated area where they had originally planned.

Now, after countless fights between each other as well as wars with unexpected grounders, the delinquents that managed to survive now had to face a new threat. And it just so happened that these newcomers, the Mountain Men, weren't new at all.

They were there all along.

Unbeknownst to the one hundred, the Mountain Men were always watching and waiting from afar as they observed and studied the delinquents' way of surviving. Their goal or reasoning for doing so has yet to be discovered, however, that's where the new story begins.

You see, in the end, the fatal war with the grounders and that deathly ring of fire were just the beginning of what the delinquents would soon face.

This time, the majority of them would be held captive in the place that started it all. The so-called "safe haven" that they would soon realize wasn't as safe as they once believed: Mount Weather.

They'd also find themselves joining forces with the Grounders, whom they had originally labeled as their enemy.

Whether it would change things or not, they didn't know, but they would soon find out.

And so the next war begins here.

Currently, as the rest of the passengers of the Ark, (not including Thelonious Jaha) found their way around the ground in search of the delinquents, they would soon realize that the One Hundred were nowhere to be found.

And as they wandered around this new territory, a certain blonde found herself in an unfamiliar territory of her own.

Waking up in white clothing, with a blinding overabundance of white walls and white furniture, she approached the unsurprisingly-white door of her confinement. With each step she took, Clarke was met with the threatening nerves that emerged within the pit of her stomach, as well as the slight eerie shiver that ran down her spine. As she peered out of the spotless glass window, she was immediately met with an unfamiliar presence wearing nothing but a white hazmat suit and staring back at her.