One

What do you have to say about you being the Traitor of Hecate?

There was once a prophecy. A prophecy about a traitor of Hecate. That will take away my mother's authority over the magical realm and her own powers. We children of Hecate are here. Here to make sure that never happens. Here to find that traitor of Hecate amonsgt us. The mystery that has plagued our hearts since we were born. Born into our mother's makeshift coven. Her makeshift coven in New York City.

But before I tell you anything else, I need you to understand something. No matter what you will hear. At any point of time in this book. No matter what you read here. I was not the traitor of Hecate. Because she was the traitor. A mother betrayed her own children. Her own flesh and blood. That's the solid truth. No matter how many times someone tries to persuade you differently. It was not me that started this.

The true culprit of this entire thing stems from a jealous blondilocks with daddy issues. Who awakened his sort of great-grandfather. Actually there is no sort of. That is exactly what happened. He awakened his great-grandfather to try and kill the Olympians. The Major Gods of Greek Mythology. All twelve (or thirteen) of them, Luke Castellean wanted out of the way.

What do you have to say about you yourself being the traitor?

I am not the traitor. Because my own mother hurt my friends. And I only did what I had to do so they won't hurt anymore.

And who are your friends?

My best friend is Max Russo and his older siblings, Justin and Alex Russo.

And how did they get hurt?

You just have to read to find out.

My alarm rang off to the sounds of my only-The Score playlist. The specific tune. Oh my Love from the Deluxe Version of the Atlas Soundtrack. Perfect getting ready for the day music. I hopped out of bed and did my morning routine before snapping my fingers so I was in the kitchen of the house where the coven laid. Circe, our potions instructor, hummed in discontent of me using magic just so I wouldn't have to go down the stairs and find my backpack (since it was in my arms).

"I don't like the fact that you use magic whenever you please. You're going to become dependable on it." Circe commented as she paced me a plate of breakfast. Circe was an enchantress who is the daughter of the sun god, Helios, and an ocean nymoh, Perse. She was our potion instructor because she has a vast knowledge of potions and herbs (and other potion ingredients).

"Let her be, Circe." Serket said. Serket is the Egyptian Goddess of Fertility, Nature, Animals, Medicine, Magic, and Healing. And thus, she was our magical creatures teacher that taught us about all of the magical creatures of our world. "She still a kid. let her have some fun before she has to grow up."

"She's a sophomore at Tribeca Prep. She's going to have to grow up sooner or later." Circe replied.

I nodded intently at the pair of them as I continued to eat my dinner. Before long, my other "sisters" came down to eat the dinner that Circe had prepared for them. When I was done, I put cinnamon coffee in a travel mug before running off towards the Waverly Sub Station. Where I normally met Max Russo as his parents tried to shove him off to school before he was late. And like always, I took a seat at the counter.

I've known the Russo family since kindergarten when I met Max Russo. He doesn't know I'm a demigod. Or a wizard. And if he will, then I have no idea how he'll react. But juding from what my mother always says, the reaction won't be pretty. Because it never is. Max's older brother (and eldest sibling), Justin Russo, was working behind the counter when I got there. Slow morning for them I guess.

I waved at Justin as we exchanged hellos before Max came down with his bag (and probably not even eaten breakfast yet). But... we were already running late. Which meant the pair of us had to run to our school, put our stuff in our lockers, and making to first period before the bell rang. My first period being creative writing class. The pair of us ran into the school just as the first bell rang.

Ah shit! We have like five minutes! I ran to my locker (which was next to Max's), put my stuff in there (that I needed for morning classes). And the two of us split. And my class is on the other side of the school. Well this can't get any better. And just as I let my locker, the tardy bell rang. Just great, but sitll I ran to class. My teacher, Mr Honey (who is anything but), grumbled at me before giving me a detention slip.

Yeah! Detention for me! Detention for me!