Prologue

Third Person POV:

Once, a long time ago, the world was at war. Everyone one was fighting to become the king, or god. Well, not everyone.

There were two 'children', neither of which liked violence. One was named Tet, the other (Y/N). They were the best of friends, nothing could tear them apart. The thing that brought them together the most was: Games. They both enjoyed gaming. They didn't know if it was the thrill, the adrenaline of betting whatever they had, betting the most important things they had, or if it was something else.

Neither liked the war, at all. They even fantasied themselves becoming God, making their own world. A world where there was no fighting or hurting each other. They stayed out of the war, there was almost no way they could be dragged into it. After all, they had nothing to fight for but each other. Besides, more bloodshed was the last thing they wanted.

But, one day, (Y/N) couldn't take it. They wanted, no needed, the war to stop. And they knew exactly how to do it.

(Y/N) looked like a small child, although they were a lot older than that. Killing an innocent child would hurt almost anyone's pride and heart, especially if it were an accident.

(Y/N) wrote a letter to Tet when they woke up, leaving it and a small breakfast for him when they left.

The fact that they weren't in their bed in the morning shocked Tet, (Y/N) was not a morning person by any means. It was when they saw the note, however, Tet started panicking. (Y/N) Never left without telling him, they had no reason to leave! Or at least, that's what Tet thought. But, he had to know where (Y/N) was.

"Dear Tet,

I know, this is sudden. I know, this will hurt. But I have to do this. If I don't, who knows how long this war will last? I'm sorry, I really am. But, I know you can do it. I know you can become God. I thought it over, I have been thinking about this for a while now. I know the perfect rules for the perfect world. You know, the world we both want? I can't make the world, but I know you can.

1. All murder, war, and robbery is forbidden in this world.

2. All conflict in this world will be resolved through games.

3. In games, each player will bet something that they agree is of equal value.

4. As long as it doesn't violate pledge three, anything may be bet, and any game may be played.

5. The challenged party has the right to decide the rules of the game.

6. Any bets made in accordance with the pledges must be upheld.

7. Conflicts between groups will be conducted by designated representatives with absolute authority.

8. Being caught cheating during a game is grounds for an instant loss.

9. In the name of god, the previous rules may never be changed.

10. Let's all have fun and play together!

I know the last one is kinda cheesy, but what's the point of having a world revolve around games if you don't have fun? Again, I am sorry, but I have to do this. I can't just let the world go on like this. Of course, you can add or remove those rules, or you can choose to not implement any of them (though I doubt that will happen).

Love, (Y/N)."

With shaking hands, Tet ran outside. He had to find (Y/N). He ran and ran. By the time he found them, it was too late.

There (Y/N) was, impaled. They ran into the battle field, between the leaders of all four groups who were charging at each other. Everything stopped. No one was expecting a 'child' to run onto the field. Everyone was horrified at the sight, especially Tet.

*Warning, graphic and gory details ahead*

A sword running through their back to their stomach.

Another sword from their stomach to their back.

A spear impaling their from shoulder to shoulder.

And, last but not least, a sword made of magic going through their skull.

However, that wasn't enough to kill them immediately.

"Stop f-fighting..." A very faint voice came out, but it seemed as if the whole battle field heard it. Including, Tet. No one said a word. It was a little bit before anyone moved, but the leaders worked together to take (Y/N) off of their weapons. The movement seemed to snap Tet out of it. To say that he was angry, to say that he was despaired, was an understatement. But he couldn't lose it. He couldn't. That isn't what (Y/N) would want him to do.

He began flying into the air. Everyone seemed to notice him then, and they noticed the rage in his eyes.

"You creatures who have fought with strength, violence, blood and death, who built a tower of corpses that rises to the sky and call yourselves wise, tell me this: What is the difference between you and the dumb beasts?" He took a second to think about what he would say next.

"From now on, I am your god. The One True God. You will play by my rules. And my rules are-"

Alright! First part. This isn't going to go exactly as the main story does, obviously, but I will try my best. As I said before, this is a story where the reader doesn't have a gender. I will try my best to not use "she" or "her", but I am a female and I keep thinking my name when I put "(Y/N)", so please forgive me if I make a mistake here and there. Also, please keep in mind I have only watched NGNL, and I have not read it or watched NGNL Zero. Please, no spoilers.