Chapter 5: The Spiders

After recovering, you all set out to go on an urgent mission. Once again standing in front of the Wisteria Mansion, you bid your goodbye to the old lady.

" We'll be going now! Thank you for your care! " Tanjiro, Zenitsu and yourself bowed respectfully. You glanced at the old lady's hands, turning around.

" I shall light some sparks for you... " The old lady brought them out, clashing the material together as sparks fly.

" Thank you very much! We appreciate it! " You and Tanjiro said in unison, giggling afterwards. Inosuke raised his fists, attempting to fight the old lady.

" OI , OI! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING, OLD HAG? " Tanjiro restrained Inosuke while Zenitsu stood protectively in front of her. You played with a strand of your H/C locks, chuckling at Inosuke's misunderstanding.

" ARE YOU STUPID??? THESE ARE SPARKS YOU KNOW?! SHE'S HELPING US WARD OFF EVIL SPIRITS SINCE WE'RE GOING ON A DANGEROUS MISSION!! " Zenitsu scolded. The old lady nodded, speaking once more.

" No matter what may happen, please live your lives with your head held high. I wish you luck on your coming battles... "

=============================

" Heads held high? Luck for our upcoming battles? What does that mean? " Inosuke asked beside you as you ran towards your next location. You pondered, trying to think up a simple explanation.

" Well.. she wants us to do our best in understanding our current place. Upon where we stand now, we should try to do what's best without fear. At least, that's how I see it. " You press a finger to your lips, deep in thought. " That's also the old lady's way of praying for our safety. " Tanjiro cut in. He was currently in the lead while you decided to save a bit of your energy.

The explanation only made Inosuke question more, resulting in Tanjiro and yourself speeding up. " She's secretly fast! I wonder if she's actually really strong?" The boarhead thought to himself before focusing on surpassing you.

Arriving at Mount. Natagumo, the place itself seemed intimidating and spooky. You placed a hand onto the soil just outside the forest as the trio was behind you. Your breath hitched, feeling the presence of an Uppermoon. You slowed your breathing, looking directly into the woods.

There were no more than 5 demons in there, one being apart of the Twelve Kizuki. A body landed just in front of you, making you stand back up. You crouched down, helping him up as the trio made their way towards you.

" H-help me, please! " The demon slayer grabbed onto your sleeves. You saw transparent strings about to pull him back. His figure was suddenly in the air, preparing to re-enter the forest as the demon slayer cried out.

You leaped up cutting the strings before it was too late, clutching they boy in your arms. The three looked at you in awe, the most impressed being Inosuke. The boy bowed, thanking you, tears flowing out of his eyes.

" So what happened? "

" O-our troop, they started attacking each other when we went through a part o-of the forest that was f-filled with cobwebs! I don't know if there are any surv- " The boy started crying and mumbling to himself, crouching onto the ground. " P-please! My friends m-might still be alive. P-please help t-them! " He pleaded.