1

One fine day in the afternoon...

I've been waiting for like hours that I can feel my butt flattened for sitting too long on this hard, wooden chair. He promised me that he will be here on time, and I arrived for only five minutes late yet he's nowhere to be found.

I'm at this cafe which is supposed to be the venue of our date for the day. It's Saturday today and believe me when I said I already planned to sleep in the whole day. But he had the audacity to give me a wake up call early in the morning and now here I am, waiting for a guy who actually the one with the eagerness to go out for a date.

Oh, I forgot to mention who this guy was. Sorry 'bout that. Well, I'm waiting for my boyfriend.

Since he's not here yet, let me open up the story about how I met my boyfriend:

Flashback!

It was Saturday afternoon, just like today, but the only difference was the weather. I was on my way to buy some pretzels and Starbucks' iced coffee for my Netflix and chillin' session to which I already planned soon as I get back home from work.

That was my plan. But somehow it was ruined by none other than my own short term memory loss that I had to rummage through my bag, ended up to my realisation that I didn't bring my purse. I already picked up the package of the yummy pretzels that I desired for, ready to pay for them but got no money to pay for them. I facepalmed to my idiotic self.

"Miss? You really need to pay now because you're holding up the line." Said the food stall worker. I looked over my shoulder and damn... he's right.

"I-I... I didn't bring my money..." I said in a very slow and unclear voice. I imagined that if I can be quick enough to take these pretzels and run away... wait, what am I thinking? There would be people who happens to be athletes around here that I never knew about and that would be the end of my life.

And who knew that the food stall worker himself might be or used to be an athlete.

"Um..." I cleared my throat, and the way he looking at me in that stern look on his face had me daunted. "Do you accept debit card?"

I know I had just making myself looked stupid but I really needed that pretzels and I would do whatever it takes to have them.

"No. We only accept cash."

Wow... that gave me a major heartbreak. "Please...?" I pleaded with him to agree but he shook his head and placing his hands on his hip, looking at me deadpan like that one meme of a disappointed bald man.

So I guess this is it. Goodbye, coated in chocolate pretzels. And hello misery.

"Excuse me, how much is it?"

I was startled by a deep voice and it was from the guy who lined up behind me. He took a step forward which was now standing next to me and I had to back away a little bit because he stood really close to me.

"Three dollar and twenty nine cents." The food stall worker said while glaring at me. Bruh chill it's not like I'm planning to run away with the unpaid, yummy pretzels.

Okay I actually did planning on it but I'm not that crazy.

The guy in his dark blue-ish beanie didn't say anything or even talk to me after he paid for my pretzels. He just finished off with the payment and taking his turn to buy the pretzels for himself.

I stood there like an idiot and I didn't know what to do. But I still need to thank this stranger for being such a lifesaver and his kindness so I walked a bit further from the stall and waited for him.