The start

The song used in this was not created by me, all rights reserved to the original owner.
Dead to me-Kali Uchis (slowed+reverb)
(It is used as if a male is singing)

~third person~
-Late afternoon on Tuesday-

The beat of drums echoed throughout the empty building, every individual tap. The boy was completely focused on feeling the vibrations of his own rhythm. Slightly smiling to himself, as he used his force to create such loud yet soothing sounds. The music he created always brought him into his own happy place. The struggles, sadness, anger, just gone. His hair hovered over his piercing ruby eyes, as the sweat made its way down the parted strands. Calming breaths and lose movements from his wrists as he skillfully beat the drums to a rhythm he had played over and over. His mind was clear, he just let his body do whatever that came Natural to him.

Rick always stayed in the studio after hours to relieve his stress that he felt throughout the nights. He always had a love for making music ever sense he was a year old, tapping spoons, crayons, and toys to a random beat.

~A bit of backstory~

Rick went to his first concert at 5, with his father. This band wasn't like any other, more aggressive, yet calming in a way. Almost forcing your body to move to the beat of the song. Rick couldn't take his eyes off the flashing lights that reflected off the walls and creating strange patterns. The patterns in the light looked as if they danced also.

The vibrations sent shivers down ricks spine, as he got dumped from side to side. Standing in one spot, just staring at the way the drummer moved his arms in a way to create such mesmerizing sounds. Rick just slowly walked forward, pushing through the crowd till he reached the edge of stage. The singer looked down at the small Rick, giving him small smile as he spit out the lyrics into the microphone. Rick looked away, continuing to focus on the drummer in the center.

From that day forward, rick got his own drum set, and began practicing by himself. He sometimes took private lessons, but he mostly worked on his own. Sometimes his father would yell at him for being too loud while he played. His father occasionally left the house for parties and passed out drunk once he got home. Of course, Rick didn't mind much sense he would have more time to himself and his drums. That all changed when his father got way too drunk and broke his drum set. Angry couldn't even express how he felt towards his father.

It was Rick's 2nd year in high school when he met his soon to be group of friends, Gavin, Luke, Crystal, and Rachael. Spending time with each other almost everyday after school. Rick never really mentioned his love for playing the drums until, Luke talked to him about his own love for playing electric guitar. The two of them began going to a studio, making their own beats, and covers. Rick always stayed after to use the drum set at the studio, sense he had to get rid of his own.

~End of backstory~

This was one of those days. Soon Gavin walked into the recording room, looking through the glass at how peaceful Rick was as he played. He laid down his bag and walked into the room, being careful not to disturb Rick. He walked behind a thin wall where a microphone hung. Grabbing the headphones, and adjusting himself in front of the mic. He took a second to listen to the beats Rick was producing. Finding a good place, to begin singing lyrics. Soon Gavin opened his mouth and began.

I don't know what you've been told.
See I am not your enemy,
But if there is one thing that I know
Is that you ain't a frenemy

At first Rick didn't even notice Gavins calming voice against his more aggressive beats. Soon Gavin raised his voice, becoming more involved to the song.