1

glenn tried to stop negan from killing carl but got held back by negan's men. negan started to walk over to glenn with his bloody bat but carl got up and punched negan just in time. carl got dragged back to his spot by dwight.

negan made his way over to carl with a smirk. he knelt down slightly so he was face to face with carl. "i'll make you a deal kid..you come back with us and we won't touch pretty boy." negan suggested. carl immediately nodded.

negan ordered everyone jobs and left a car, the rv and a bike behind. the bike was for dwight and carl since negan let carl stay back to say goodbye. carl hugged everyone goodbye before making his way over to glenn.

they shared a short but loving kiss. "you shouldn't have punched him carl..you could've died." glenn whispered. "i could've but it would've been worth it. i'd die to keep you safe any day." carl whispered back before planting a soft kiss on glenn's cheek.

carl handed glenn a necklace before making his way over to rosita. maggie was holding sasha but rosita just pushed everyone away. carl wrapped his arms around the crying woman. "it's okay. he's in a better place now." carl whispered softly.

they stayed like that for a few minutes before dwight came over and told carl they had to leave. carl nodded and kissed glenn one last time. he got on the back of the bike and smiled weakly at his family.

once they had made it to the sanctuary dwight showed carl where he'd be staying. carl flopped down on his bed and sighed. he missed everyone but he missed glenn a lot more. he missed the cuddling. he missed glenn wearing carl's hat and calling him cowboy. it hadn't even been a day.

the next day negan made carl hang out with negan's wives. sherry was actually nice to him. they talked a lot and even shared a few jokes. "you'll get to visit him don't worry." sherry said softly. carl knew she was right but it still hurt. "how long do you think he'll really wait?" carl asked.

"probably a few more days to be honest. if you act nice and pretend to be on his side he might let you stay at alexandria for a few nights." sherry whispered so the others wouldn't hear them. "so i just have to lie and fake my way through this?" carl asked. sherry nodded.

negan came back in and took carl. he showed him around the sanctuary and told him he could be negan's right hand man. of course carl didn't want to be but he'd get information and probably be allowed to see glenn then. "i'm in. i'm negan." was all carl said.

negan smiled when he heard carl. "that's my boy! if you keep this good shit up i might just let you visit alexandria a few times that aren't just for our business." negan said with a chuckle. carl mentally rolled his eye.

after listening to negan talk for hours and then having dinner with him and some other assholes he finally went back to his room. he fell asleep holding a necklace.

back in alexandria glenn had fallen asleep holding a necklace. the necklaces had pictures in them. carl's necklace had a picture of glenn sleeping in it. glenn's necklace had a picture of carl holding judith in it.