An appointment at the Butterfly Estate

"Wait here, Tomioka-san. Shinobu-sama will be right with you,"
"Ah... thanks, Kanzaki-san."
Giyuu watched the young girl walk away with her cart of supplies, leaving him behind the blue curtains of the examination room.
It was another busy day in the Butterfly Estate, even more so because of the current situation.
The Demon Slayer Corps had just enacted the mandatory training of front-liners, led by all remaining and able Hashira. Due to the intensity of their training regimens, there was definitely a sharp increase in the number of people who needed minor or major medical attention.
Giyuu himself had just gotten back into the training mode, and had received a rather nasty cut on his left shoulder from a 20 vs 1 swordsmanship match. He slowly removed his haori and was in the middle of unbuttoning his uniform top, when the Insect Hashira pulled the curtain back and entered the room.
"Ah, Tomioka-san, I see you've been careless again," she teased.
Giyuu sighed, removing his jacket completely and sitting on the examination bed.
"Hello to you too, Kochou," he mumbled.
Shinobu moved quickly and efficiently, disinfecting and sewing the wound up in mere minutes. She finished wrapping his arm with gauze rolls, and smiled up at him.
"Alright, you're good to go... I'd tell you to take it easy for a few days, but I know you'll just go back to training anyhow," she said, shaking her head.
Giyuu nodded, picking up his discarded clothes to put on again. As he dressed himself, he glanced over at the woman, now writing some medical notes down at her desk. From his height, he could clearly see the dark shadows under her eyes.
"Are you getting enough sleep, Kochou?" he asked casually.
Shinobu gave a small laugh.
"Worried about me now?"
"I'm just wondering what you've been doing... You're not always at the estate, and I heard that you're not participating in the training," he explained.
She stretched her arms out on the desk table.
"It wouldn't do me any good, anyway... Don't worry, I haven't been slacking off. Oyakata-sama had me assigned to another important task," she said simply.
Her tone told him not to press any further on the matter. He obliged with a quick nod of understanding.
"I see..."
Not wanting to disrupt her work any further, he slipped on his haori and walked silently past her desk. However, a small tug on his sleeve pulled him back. He turned to see Shinobu's hand on him, although she was not yet looking at him.
"Say Tomioka-san... Would you join me for some tea?"
Giyuu noticed that her hold on his sleeve tightened.
"Humor me for a moment, while I rest," she whispered, turning to face him with a tired smile.
He hesitated for a few seconds, before giving her a curt nod.
"Just for a moment then."