𝟖

𝙃𝘼𝙍𝙇𝙀𝙈, 𝙉𝙔

Domani Christian Haughton

He unlocked his mother's apartment door, with his keys. Domani walked into the house placing his keys on the counter, seeing his mother, Renee making out with her boyfriend, John.

She pushed John off her, once she seen her son walk in. "Hey baby, how was school?" She sipped one her cup of wine.

"School was school" He shrugged as he walked to his room. Every since his dad died when he was ten, for the past five years Renee lost it. She didn't know how to cope with it, until she met John. Yes she worked, but all they would do is fuck and drink.

He went into his room, throwing his backpack on the floor. He looked on his bedroom wall, seeing a poster of his father that read, Long Live Cordell Haughton. He missed his father dearly, he just thought life wouldn't be complete without him.

Yes, Domani knew who shot his father, but he just never met the man who did it in person. At the same time, he promised his dad that'd he'd be a better man than he was.

"You miss him, huh?" Renee walked into his room, leaning against the wall.

"Why wouldn't I? Sometimes I wish why didn't I stay with him years ago. I should've been there to help him in the trap-".

"Domani, do you hear yourself?! You would've went down with your father, if you were with him! The trap isn't a place for a kid like you!" Renee pointed a finger at him.

"Well forget the trap then! Staying with dad would be better than staying with you!" Domani yelled back. Renee crossed her arms.

"If you don't like staying with me, you can leave!" Renee finally said. Domani swung his backpack over his shoulder leaving.

"Domani!" She called him out. By the time she called him, he was already outside of the apartment door. He sat near the wall, putting his head to his knees.

I hate it here, he thought. It was only the second day of school, and he already wanted to go away someplace else. The apartment door across from him opened revealing, Amore. She was taking out the trash, and brought it to the chute. After throwing the trash away, she looked seeing Domani sitting on the floor.

"Domani? You live next door?" Amore surprisingly said, walking over to him. She wore a tie dye shirt, with pajama shorts.

"Yeah, I do. I'm guessing you live across from me?" He asked her. She nodded her head. "If you want you can sit with me. I wouldn't mind the company". Amore went ahead and sat next to him. She could tell he was upset about something.

"What's wrong?".

"My mom just get on my damn nerves. It's like she don't care about nobody, but herself. It's as if my dad didn't even matter to her" He explained, as he stared at the ground.

She recalled her father shooting Cordell, years ago. She snapped out of her thoughts.

"What happened to your dad? If you don't mind me asking". Domani sighed getting ready to explain what had happened.

"So my dad stayed all the way in Chicago, while I stayed her with my mom. He ran a trap house five years back, and was gunned down by some dude. I heard he had some beef with him..I think his name was Ama-".