Why do I have to do this

I was walking to my class, when my friend ELR ran up to me. They had brown hair in a pixie cut. They were only a few inches shorter than me. They had a strange look in their eyes. They snapped their fingers then ran off and dissapeared. 'What the heck? What was that?' I thought as a continued to my music science class.
Time skip
As I walked to my next class, I was dragged into a supply closet near the auditorium. "This isn't funny Em." I almost shouted as I was pulled in. "I don't know who you thought I was. But you'll find out soon." I could almost hear the smile as the being who put me in here responded. As I turned around, the thing turned on the light blinding me.
When my eyes adjusted to the light, I saw someone who looked like my strange friend. Same brown pixie, stature, complexion. The only thing that was different was it's eyes. They were blueish purple? while Em's were a light blue with a slight grey color.
"Zuko I need you to find some..." it pauses  what it was saying looking for a word "... beings. But first I need YOU." It finished laughing. It's eyes, I swear, lost it's iris and where left with spiral pupils.
"What is the first one" I ask reluctantly after a long argument over why it had  to be me. "A dragon with a hooded robe." It said with a smile, I could only see as sinister, still plastered on it's face.