You Are My Destiny

You were ambushed by three thieves in the middle of the night at a little camp you made in the forest. They got the drop on when you were trying to make dinner. Two of the thieves held your arms and the other who assumed was the leader, pulled out his knife. "Sorry buddy, I can't have any witnesses." he tells you. You close your eyes accepting death, when an arrow comes out of nowhere and pierces his hand which causes him to drop the knife. "You know three against one is really low even for thieves." You turn to see the person that saved you was a woman who had a black bob-cut layered hair with gray highlights and Hazel eyes wearing a green tunic, a cape, a sword on her back that is inside of a sheath ,and had a necklace that was a purple rock. She pulls out three arrows from under her cape, and ready's her bow and says, "If you don't want to get hurt any more, you should let him go and trust me I won't miss."

The three thieves drop you and run away. You look at her and tell her "thank you I would be dead if you didn't come along." she puts her bow down and says "You don't need to thank me". She then turns around and starts to leave. "Wait" You tell her. She stops and turns her head to look at you "Would you like to stay and have dinner? I have enough." you can see she is debating it. "Please, it's the least I can do, and it would be nice to talk Someone again." you tell her She sighs "Fine but, let me bring my friends." You are surprised that her friends are a horse and an owl. You gave her some of the soup you made and tell her your name "my name is y/n." "My name is Cassandra, and these are my friends Fidella and Owl." "Owl?" "Yep, just owl"

You two continue to eat in silence until she asks "what are you doing out here?" "Well, it's funny I was trying to find my way to the next town and well got lost in this forest." "I can help you get out of this forest tomorrow and bring you to the next town." "Really, thank you so much Cassandra then I can buy more supplies and continue my quest." She chuckles "And what's your quest?" "To find my destiny" She stops eating and looks at you. "Your destiny?" "Yeah, I never really had a place that I belong to. So, I have been traveling around for two years trying to find where I'll belong. That is my destiny. What are you doing out here?" "Same, but I do not know what my destiny is yet, so I've been wandering around helping people for the last two months."

You don't know why you said what you said next, but you felt like it was the right thing to do. "Hey Cassandra." "hmm" "Can I come with you" She looks at you seriously "why?" "Well for starters, you are the first person I have talked to in two years and it would be nice to talk to someone again. And well I kind of want to help you find your destiny, who knows maybe my destiny is to help you." " I work alone and I just met you." she said. But for some reason your heart was not going to take no for an answer "I own you my life Cassandra, I thought I was going to die by those thieves and never find where I belong. And besides I have a lot of supplies." You turn to your low supplies. "Well, what I meant to say is I will get more supplies and I can cook for us including Fidella and owl." "What if we get into danger, can you even fight?" "Well I'm not the best fighter but, I'm good at using this." You pull out a frying pan. Cassandra looks at it and she starts to shake. You thought she was mad at you but instead you hear her laugh. "Ha-ha, Raps would be proud." "Who's Raps" "A friend. Fine you can come along." "I won't let you down Cassandra."

It has now been three month since you have started traveling with Cassandra and recently you started to realize two things. One, Cassandra didn't not like talking about her past for some reason. She would always dodge the questions when you asked. The only thing you know is she is from a place called Corona. The second thing you notice is whenever two of you would save someone, some would thank the two of you, but most would only thank you in fact some wouldn't even acknowledge Cassandra and quickly leave.

It started to annoy you. Cassandra is a strong and skilled warrior. She should be the one that is being thank not you. You never understand why no one thanked her until the two of you saved a farmer. "Thank you young man for saving me." the farmer said "It was nothing, you should really thank her." you tell him while pointing at Cassandra. He looks at Cassandra with a disgusted face "Why should I thank the monster who almost destroyed Corona and tried to kill the princess. If I were you, you should leave her before she betrays you too". You got furious after he said that and was about to tell him off. But Cassandra put her hand on your right shoulder and turned you around "Y/N, let it go I don't need people thanking me." "But why Cassandra? you're saving people and a lot of them are scared of you for some reason." She looks sad after you said that "Let it go y/n. Come on let's go find a place to camp."