Chapter 1 - Anonymity

- Why does she always do this to me? - Ron speaks discouraged behind a screen.

Harry is already tired of waiting for him. Everyone should be in the hall by now. Not that he is anxious to participate in the costume dance, nor does he know how to dance, but it is better than being locked in his room all night.

- Ron ... Stop complaining and get out of there. - Threatens to enter behind the screen and pull it out of the room.

- Do not you dare! - The redhead decides that he will never leave. - You go...

- No way! - A note of impatience sounds in the brunette's voice. - If I'm going to be ashamed ... I don't want to be alone.

Weasley's face appears over the screen, watching Zorro's fantasy that falls perfectly on Harry's body.

- Who bought you this costume? - You can't hide your disbelief. - Is perfect!

- Your mother who ... - Can't even finish.

- Why only me ?! - Ron comes out of hiding wearing the tiny thong of his Tarzan costume. His words are accompanied by a whimper that Harry knows very well. - Look what she bought for me!

- Well ... It looks good on you! - Try to contain laughter, because you don't want to be misunderstood.

Ron's stature and body look great in fantasy, but he would never say that to his friend.

- Don't make fun of my face! - The boy pulls the mini-thong in all directions trying futilely to cover his nakedness. - I would be better dressed if I didn't wear anything!

- Ok, ok ... Let's wear the masks and nobody will recognize you. - Kind of out of patience, he wants this stupid dance to pass quickly and get back to the old routine.

- Are you sure that this mask of Be ... Be ... I don't know what it calls ... Does it really prevent recognition? - Still incredulous.

- Bethlem masks obscure the senses and make recognition impossible. - Thanks for this scam, so you can hide behind your anonymity. - But she disappears at midnight.

- Then we have to play Cinderella. - Ron puts on his mask and takes a deep breath. - Okay ... Come on. But don't forget that you promised to keep me company.

- If you weren't stupid ... - Harry also hides his identity with the mask. - I would have invited Hermione and not ...

- Enough about that! - Ron turns to him indignantly. - Do you think you were still going to invite the girl after snubbing me like that ?!

Not wanting to go too far, Harry leaves the situation as it is and walks beside his friend through the corridors until they reach the hall. Even before entering, they are surrounded by lively music and the sound of laughter. Enter the environment lit by candles, creating a bucolic environment, the decor reminiscent of old parties from other centuries. And the place is full of people who seem strange to them, hidden by magic masks.

- See if you can't find a girl and let me go, hear? - Ron holds Harry by the black cloak. - I don't want to be alone at this ball ... Even more dressed like that!

- I?! - There is irony in the tone of his voice. - Since when do I find it so easy to get a girl?

The friend shrugs, as he is forced to agree to this. Harry is always a failure when it comes to girls. The two then walk among princesses, cowboys, Indians and many other fantasies, some of them exotic or weird. But soon, Ron's stands out in the crowd, as he feared, for a tall man with a handsome, half-naked body would hardly go unnoticed. Men and women begin to harass him, which in no way displeases him. For the first time he is the center of attention, not Harry. But he knows that this can end, so he holds his friend's black cloak, preventing him from walking away. He can't say why, he just doesn't want to be alone.